Tuesday Four



Tradition





 Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.  

It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea.

Tradition is an important part of any family or community and so important that people will fight to be sure they are not neglected or done away with.
From the first day of Autumn, to Halloween, All Saints Day, and Thanksgiving autumn brings many different traditions from all around the world. I love holiday traditions, mostly fall and winter..those are my absolute favorites. 

School kids cut out paper leaves, pumpkins,etc. Homemakers change decor to reflect the new season. I'm ready for fall crafts, mostly with my grandkids and taking down my decor from the attic. I also love baking holiday treats with my family. 

Sweaters come out of storage... the weather is changing. I wish I wasn't always running "warm". I love the idea of sweaters but I always end up being way too overheated. 

1. Why is tradition important to you? I shared this post on tradition awhile back. For me, tradition passes down family/generational memories. They keep things passed down, treasured and valued. With that said, I believe it's important to set your own traditions and evaluate which ones you want to keep for your own family. What works and what doesn't. For example, my mom always made Oyster Stew for Christmas Eve. My hubby doesn't like oysters and they're not my favorite so I switched it up and started making clam chowder. We also created our own memories, like, Cinnamon rolls every Christmas morning. 

2. Have family traditions helped to shape who you are? Hmmm I suppose in some ways it has. It keeps me grounded in who and where I come from. The things that were important to my family, the people who came and went before me. 

3. Do you believe that tradition helps a community or shapes the unity of family and community? Yes. I think tradition plays an important role in shaping family's and communities in so many ways. I think when we care about tradition, we tend to gain more love, honor and respect for our family and community. 

4. Are there any traditions you would like to bring back and why? Let's see:

1. Family Dinners
2. Game or puzzle nights
3. Family reunions
4. Sitting on the front porch
5. Visiting with neighbors

Wow, I probably could go on. I think my main reason is that we have become so engrossed in technology and being busy, and things that don't require real interaction that I think it's time to bring some of those things back. This has me excited to bake Christmas cookies with my girls and grandkids. Every year I buy each grandkid and my daughters new ornaments. 

 

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Game nights! That is a good one. It seems like people do not play games much anymore. Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Game nights and family dinners are wonderful. I enjoyed your answers a lot. Clam Chowder or a fish chowder would be a wonderful soup for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you on #4. I love to decorate for fall, but I won't do as much this year since I will be traveling in Sept and October. Now that the grands are older, they don't care so much for the decorations except for Christmas. We don't really get seasons here, so I have to bring it in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AGREE with your #4!!!
    I am going to make it a priority starting this month to do a game night with our family.
    It will require a bit of traveling to get to our families homes, but what I have learned is life is short and I want to make a point to really try hard to do this.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!