Tuesday Four and Wednesday Hodgepodge
What Are You Going to Do?
It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea.
Here are a few questions for you to consider.
1. What things do you enjoy doing when you have time on your hands? Reading, blogging, working on my puzzle, playing games.2. Last minute company coming tonight for dinner! What do you cook? Ohhh I dont' always do well with "last minute" anything. I usually already have a plan. I mean, how last minute? Do I have time to run to the store? Lol! If it's my hubby saying "hey I invited so and so over", I'd probably tell him to stop and pick something up because I don't have enough food. I know I'm probably overthinking it. This will be when I wish I had some freezer meals, or extra stuff taken out or wish I always make way too much food. I'm going to say I'd go with pasta or tomato soup and grilled cheese since I pretty much probably have those things handy.
3. You've got a day to do anything and the weather is perfect outside, how are you going to spend the day? I might go for a walk, head to the wildlife refuge, maybe to to one of the nearby towns and walk around the shops. Or I might just stay home and dilly dally outside or read.
4. It's morning and you are asked out for breakfast. What are you ordering? I tend to order things I wouldn't make at home, so I might order eggs benedict, or an omelet, maybe shrimp and grits or a biscuit sandwich or breakfast burrito. It all depends on where we're going.
Thanks for joining in!
1. How do you define beauty? I feel like beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. What one sees as beautiful, whether a person or inanimate object, or something in nature, varies from what the next person sees as beautiful. There is no one standard. However, I do believe that when it comes to "beautiful" people, the things that strike me the most are the light in someones eyes, their genuine smile, their kindness, joy, laughter. The words they speak, their character.
3. Shell shocked, bombshell, bandshell, shellacking, in a nutshell, walking on eggshells...choose one and tell us why you chose it, or how it relates to your life in some way currently. I'm not really sure. I'm going to say "shell shocked". Learning that our crawl spaces have been home to bats for who knows how long and we're talking a lot of bats, AND the cost to have things taken care of to evict them, seal the areas they were getting in etc...was astounding. Our house isn't old mind you, but because of some of the codes when we first built it and used spray foam insulation (which was newer at the time), that gave them an entry point. We were NOT happy. On a funny note (well, I thought it was funny), I found this book at a used bookstore and just knew I had to buy it. I gave it to our 27 year old daughter who laughed but wasn't as amused as I was.
4. Tacos, pistachios, oysters, clams, eggs...your favorite food on the list that comes in/with a shell? You had to throw tacos in there didn't you Joyce...in order of favorite I'm going with Taco, Pistachio, eggs, clams and oysters will not be on the list. I do not like them at all.
5. Are birthdays a big deal in your house? They're not as big as in some houses, I mean, sheesh I've seen how all out people go. We might celebrate milestone birthdays a bit bigger, but normal years, we just gather with family and maybe a friend or two. The birthday guy or gal gets to pick their birthday dinner and dessert. Is your own birthday a big deal in some way? Elaborate. No I don't think so. I think there are a lot of fun ideas out there for ways to celebrate. But I'm pretty low maintenance so it doesn't really matter.
6. Insert your own random thought here. Tuesday was the first day of my grandkids co-op. Because I watch them on Tuesdays, I help out at the co-op. My daughter and I split the day. I help/teach in the morning and she does afternoon. Summer is officially closing out. Our days are chilly in the mornings and some days warmer in the afternoon before cooling down again in the evenings. Next month hubby and I are heading to Arizona for a little over a week and then I'll be helping at our local pumpkin patch again. The year is suddenly going by so fast. I need to decorate for fall. The tubs have been out since last weekend but I haven't gotten around to it.



.jpeg)
I haven't decorated either, yet, for fall but it's on my to do list. Our weather is really warm/hot right now so it doesn't really seem like fall. Well, the one orange pumpkin in the garden does sort of say fall, hehe. A train rain in Europe sounds lovely but I guess I do see what you mean that it's a shame you can't go at our own speed. I'm sorry to hear about your bats and the expense in eradicating them. The book you picked up is ironically funny! Enjoyed your answers...
ReplyDeleteIf I get unexpected company for dinner, they get whatever I can muster up or we go out, order pizza, get fast food.
ReplyDeleteYour plans for breakfast sound delicious. It also sounds like your last minute guests would be well fed.
ReplyDeleteSeptember has flown. I hope the bat problem is resolved. Eeek! I loved planning birthday parties for my girls but they were always at home parties in the backyard. I loved a theme and we always had one, and my girls are now hosting similar style birthdays for their little ones. Friends in the backyard, food, and nothing too elaborate. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteThis year as gone fast for our family. It seems they go faster and faster. ;-)
ReplyDeleteOh dear about those bats. I think I shared my farm house story with you in the past.
xo