Taking in Life Around Me: #CFFC....where/what/when we worship



A new favorite photo challenge hosted by Dan from No Facilities, called the #CFFC (Cees Fun Foto Challenge). Cee passed away and Dan has decided to carry on the challenge. 

This weeks prompt part of a new series called "Where/What/When". This week is where/what/when we worship. I was raised Catholic, and then began attending a non-denominational church in high school, and that was the type of church I attended for over 30 years both as just an attendee but mostly in leadership positions...in the last 12 years, I have not attended a church regularly though my Christian faith is still a foundation of my life, just with a different "look" to it. I have ALWAYS loved old churches and the stunning architecture that goes with them. The modern buildings have nothing on them. 

So let's explore some of these old places of worship. I am always drawn to them. 

If I had taken more time, I would've found more information on these places to add, but alas, I'm running late. 


The St. Marks Basilica in Venice is of course a central highlight and so pretty. We did not go inside but admired it from the outside. 

The Basilica of St. Mary of Health caught my attention because it was right on the water and had an octagonal shape to it. We spotted it while taking the boat to our airbnb. 


The Munsterplatzis the tallest church tower in Switzerland. We did not tour the church, however we did walk up the steps to the top of the tower. 

We watched a beautiful concert at the Church of San Vidal in Venice. 


The Como Cathedral was another stunning building. 

The Basel Minster in Basel, Switzerland.
St. Ann's By the Sea in Kennebunkport is also known as the Old Stone Cathedral. The inside is stunning. 




Union Street Brick Church in Bangor, Maine

I'm not sure what the name of this church was or what denomination but it was during our NE Road Trip. The funny thing was, you'd have a Lutheran Church, and then a few buildings away you'd have a Methodist Church. 

This was originally the First Congregational Church in Haverville, NH, then a school and I believe now is a historical society.

Wonalancet Union Chapel in Wonalancet, NH
Our Lady of the Snows in Woodstock, VT

Christ Episcopal Church in Montpelier, VT

United Methodist Church in Springfield, VT

St. Mary's Church in Newport, RI

I believe this is a Baptist Church in Providence, RI

First Unitarian Church in Providence, RI

St. Johns Episcopal Church in RI.

St. Mary's Church in Charlestown, MA


When I visit my aunt on Kelleys Island, Ohio, there is an old church that is next door to my favorite thrift store. I finally went in it. So quaint. 



 The Old Church in Leadville, Colorado. 

St. Andrews Episcopal Church in Manitou Springs, Colorado


St. Paul's Presbyterian Church located in Banff, Alberta, Canada.



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments