Taking in Life Around Me: #Lens-Artist Challenge...Harmony
This weeks lens-artist challenge is being hosted by Anne-Christine. Anne-Christine is encouraging us to find harmony in our photos. I would say that one of the reasons we all take photos...The act of photography brings us peace, harmony and joy. I have no aspirations to make money off photography so I do it for the sheer joy of it!
I will admit when it comes to technical aspects of "harmony"...I have no clue, but for me, when I took these photos, I know I "felt" peace, harmony with nature, and joy.
The lyrics "ebony, and ivory, come together in perfect harmony..side by side on my piano, keyboard, oh Lord, why don't we?" came to mind as I was finishing this post. I think there's more unity than the media and political parties would like us to believe. Their only goal is to divide and focus on where the disunity is. I think nature, and it's beauty has a way of bringing us together or at least bringing peace to our own hearts and minds.
Beachy sunsets scream harmony! The Oregon coast is one of our favorite places to visit.
Boats in a calm harbor spoke peace and harmony to me...sunset in the background, still waters. quiet of the evening. Taken in Rockport, Maine.
On our trip to the Olympic Peninsula, this stunning lake can go from tranquil to choppy in no time. The clear glacial waters of Lake Crescent made for a beautiful stop.
This tree on a jetty on Sandusky Bay always catches my eye. It is near where my uncle lives and I've told him he needs to photography it in every season and make a 4 season print.
I took a walk when we were in Colorado up behind our airbnb and was mesmerized by these trees. I could've stood there looking up for a long time (but my neck didn't like it so much).
Rocks in Lake Erie, while waiting for the ferry to take me from Kelley's Island back to the mainland.
Kirstin









.jpeg)
Comments
Post a Comment
I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!