Taking in Life Around Me: #CFFC: Where/What/When We Vacation
A new favorite photo challenge hosted by Dan from No Facilities, called the #CFFC (Cees Fun Foto Challenge). Cee passed away and Dan has decided to carry on the challenge.
This weeks prompt part of a new series called "Where/What/When". This week is where/what/when we vacation. When our girls were young we mostly took one vacation a year, and that was to central Oregon. Then we would split it up and one year we'd visit family in Ohio and the next year we'd go to Sunriver (in Central Oregon). Sometimes we'd do short trips to the Oregon Coast, but money was tight and we didn't go too many other places. Now that our girls are grown, my hubby is making a higher salary, he and I have been able to travel a bit more. We love it.
I've tried to keep up a Trips Tab on the blog and you can check that out for more details about trips and places we've gone.
Aaagh! I couldn't decide, couldn't figure out how to do this. I cannot make decisions...haha. Started out with years, and then got confused....bear with me.
2019: Italy and Switzerland
I would definitely love to go back to Italy! One of our stops was Como, and we drove through several villages around the lake and then took a ferry over to Bellagio which was beautiful.
While visiting Basel we went to the Dreilandereck, a monument where Switzerland, France and Germany meet in one exact spot in the middle of the Rhine River.
2020: Texas and the Oregon Coast
2021: Central Oregon and San Juan Islands
I have never been to the San Juan Islands before even though I have grown up in Washington. This was definitely a great trip and one I'd do again!
2022: NE States and Cabo
These shells were on display all throughout Plymouth, and had I known that and had we had the time, I would have went and looked for all of them.
I never knew the Von Trapp family (Sound of Music), moved to Stowe, Vermont (it reminded them of home), and to help finances, they opened their home to skiers visiting the area and eventually expanded. It is still owned by the family today. Did you also know they were featured on a cooking show called Family Dinner?
Visited Cabo for the first time. My hubby and I have never stayed in an all inclusive resort...he kept saying "are you sure I don't have to pay for anything"..haha
2024: Leavenworth, Ohio, Anderson Island, Mt. Rainier and Olympic Peninsula, Canada.
In 2024 we took a few more trips locally. Leavenworth is almost a 4 hour drive, but definitely worth visiting.
The story behind the town is actually interesting. It was originally called Icicle Flats and the fronts are facades built to help bring increased tourism to the area when the timber and railroad were struggling.
I visited my aunt and uncles in October so I could help with the grape harvest. Such a cool experience.
We took a short drive north to Anderson Island, staying in a friends vacation home and just exploring..there is really not much to do on this island except enjoy nature and relax. The old ferry above has been abandoned for years. The owner bought it with high hopes, that never really panned out. It is called the Ocean City and was built in 1928. It made a 7,000 mile voyage in 1984, traveling through the carribean, the panama canal and to washington. It was meant to supplement local routes, but the county passed on the deal.
I spent quite a bit of time exploring the water for rocks and shells.
I've lost track of years.... oh my! I feel like I should just quit, but we'll continue and I just won't put years because I'm confusing myself. I really need to plan ahead for these posts. If you're still with me...thanks...haha.
Sometimes the simple trips are the best. A long weekend not far from home. My in-laws love the coast and the ocean. A short trip with almost everyone made for great memories.
Checked off the Butchart Gardens. I encourage you to stop and talk to locals wherever you go and take time to ask the workers questions. I can't remember how many of the flowers here are planted by hand several times a year....WHAT...and they also sell their seeds.
If you have time to do an Olympic Peninsula trip...do it. I would do this again as well.
Checked off the Butchart Gardens. I encourage you to stop and talk to locals wherever you go and take time to ask the workers questions. I can't remember how many of the flowers here are planted by hand several times a year....WHAT...and they also sell their seeds.
If you have time to do an Olympic Peninsula trip...do it. I would do this again as well.
On my bucket list has always been to see the Tree of Life on the Washington Coast in the Peninsula...It is so close to falling all the way, but wow, what a cool example of life in the midst of adverse circumstances.
I also took a work trip with my hubby to Tampa, and we did some sight seeing for a few days before his conference. We went to Ybor City, and to Ana Maria Island.
I've always wanted to visit the Fox Mercantile, but didn't think we'd ever go, so was pretty stoked to get there.
I would love to visit the areas we were at in the spring. I think they would be stunning, but walking on Lake Louise when frozen, was pretty cool.
Thanks for sticking with me...
With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin








































.jpeg)
Comments
Post a Comment
I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!