Wednesday Hodgepodge....Come Fly Away
2. In what area of your life do you tend to 'wing it'? I'm not the greatest at "winging it". I do tend to wing it when it comes to what I'm going to eat for breakfast and lunch. I sometimes wing it with what I'm going to do on my days off. Is this an area you should be winging? Eh, maybe not, at least not all the time. I do feel like I should have a better plan for my breakfasts and lunches so that I make sure I'm getting adequate protein and nutrition, instead of settling for a frozen burrito, even if it is organic and gluten free...lol. My days off...some weeks I need a plan to get things done and at other times I'm totally fine not planning anything. Today is a day off, but we had grandkids over Monday night and took them on an adventure Tuesday so I need to play catch up today.
3. A favorite book, song, or movie that relates to flight in some way?
Book: The most recent book was: The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland
Song: First ones that came to mind was Fly Like an Eagle, Leaving on a Jet Plane, Jet Airliner, 30,000 feet by Ben Rector.
Movie: Top Gun, Air Force One, Die Hard
4. Soft serve, gelato, sherbet, frozen yogurt, or good old fashioned ice cream...what's your pleasure? The only one I don't care for is sherbet, but even that might have its place. Your favorite flavor? That I can't decide. It all depends. I love Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cookies and Cream, Cookie Dough, Pralines and Cream, Mint Chip...or sometimes just vanilla with homemade hard shell (just melt some chocolate chips, a bit of coconut oil, maybe some PB, cool slightly then drizzle on and let harden) How often do you indulge? Not that often.
5. I never get tired of______________________. Spending time with friends or family. Playing games, working on puzzles, reading, enjoying the scenery around me.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
On Monday we had the grandkids up to spend the night and then on Tuesday we drove about an hour and a half down to Salem, Oregon to take them to The Enchanted Forest. This amusement park is family owned and operated, the prices are great, even for gifts and food within the park. If you don't use all your ride tickets, they'll buy them back! There are so many fun things to do without even needing tickets. The theme of the park is Fairy Tales and every area and attraction depicts them. So much fun. The grandkids loved it. We arrived around 11:30 and stayed til 3:00, the only thing we didn't do was the haunted house. Our drive home took forever because of traffic, but it's worth the visit. Enjoy some photos.












I haven't read the book but know it's a sweet story of people doing good in the midst of unspeakable tragedy. My next door neighbors were on the Lockerbie flight so it's a subject very tender for me still, even after all these years. It looks like a really fun day out with the grands! We used to have a Fairy Tale Forest near our house in NJ, but I believe it closed. It was a fun place to take the little ones. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute Fairyland. I'd love to see that. I don't have any grands, so I guess it's mostly for children. There was a Children's Fairyland in Oakland ca that I loved as a child. It's all big now and not the same. The charm has gone.
ReplyDeleteThose astronaut pictures of your girls are so cute. Their smiles definitely show the fun they were having.
What a fun adventure with your grandkids! The Enchanted Forest looks whimsical and neat. How cool that it's a family owned business. I hope the business climate is good in your state for family run and small businesses. Your granddaughter looks like her mama! The pictures from the AF museum are good- it's a fun place for sure.
ReplyDeleteThe astronaut suit photos are brilliant, I imagine that was a good day out.
ReplyDeleteI always wing it when I come to eating during the day, it's almost midday and I still don't know what I'm having for lunch. lol
It sounds like you had such a lovely time with your grandkids. The amusement park sounds like a lot of fun!