Tuesday Four and Wednesday Hodgepodge

This week I'm double dipping since I just got back into town from the beach and playing a little catch up on link parties. I'm linking up with #TuesdayFour and #WednesdayHodgepodge. I almost skipped them but I really liked the questions.



It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea.


 Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author. We keep Toni Taddeo's original idea alive here with 4 questions each week to get you blogging, visiting and  learning about yourself and other bloggers. The more people join in, the merrier and the better it gets. We are always looking for topics, subjects and ideas so feel free to chime in if you have idea.

Rainy Days and Mondays



We've had a lot of rain recently and it got me wondering about some things.


Could we discuss it please?

1.Do rainy days and/or Mondays really get you down? If so why? I live in the PNW so have had to get used to a lot of rain on a lot of Mondays...haha. Too many continuous days of rain can get to me, but again we have a lot of rain here so you learn to adapt. I'd rather have some rain then continuous 90+ days. It takes a lot to get me down and it's going to be more than rain. On rainy days and I'm home, I enjoy Staying cozy inside with a book, coffee, or maybe baking and blogging. 

2. Does thunder and lightning frighten you at all? Nope, I kind of like it. As long as it's not destructive. I really enjoy a big thunderstorm 

How about your dog or cat and what do you do to help them out? We don't have pets. My daughter had a lab and she wasn't too scared and they have a doodle now and he's not bothered by it. 

3. If you are at home on a dark, rainy day what do you do with your time? I mentioned above, that if I'm home, I'll read, blog, bake, or do other things. I'll make something hot to drink. Some find it a good day to cuddle up with a cuppa and read or watch TV.. what is your preference? I'll read over watch, but lately I've been enjoying watching cozy mysteries on Hallmark+

4.Ever been caught in a downpour or has rain ever ruined your plans? I'm sure I have and I'm sure it has. We've had times while traveling that it's rained but we have to somewhat stick with plans because you're only visiting for so long and you need to continue with plans as much as possible. I will avoid a downpour as much as possible. Living in the PNW you'd think I'd carry an umbrella or always have a jacket. Nope...rarely an umbrella. 

I watched an episode of Myth Busters once and learned that if you run in the rain you actually become more wet than if you walked. I remember that every time I'm in the rain.

bonus question: Why do Mondays seem to be so unpopular with so many? I think the main reason is it signals the end of a weekend and the start of a work week. Could it be that we've become so caught up in a rat race and grind that we don't even enjoy going to work or we're working jobs that we don't enjoy, wear us down, etc. When I googled it some thoughts are that it signals an abrupt shift from weekend freedom and self-directed time back to the rigid routines of work/school.  They say social jetlag, staying up late and sleeping in after a busy weekend. Having to catch up when you return to work, you anticipate the weekend over the work week. Sometimes you feel like two days isn't enough to recoup before the work week. 






It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.


1. How do you feel about the transition from lazy summer days to a busier fall routine? My summer days aren't any less busier than fall routines. I work the same amount of days during both, my girls are grown so we don't have school or sports. We vacation throughout the year not just summer. 

2. Your favorite cookie? That's a tough one. I love a good chocolate chip, peanut butter, snickerdoodles. I love soft and even gooey cookies. I do admit I love Oreos. I've found some better ingredient versions though don't indulge often. 

3. What's something you've learned from a culture different than your own? There are so many cultures in our area, Hispanic, Russian, Romanian..they are all very family oriented. My moms side of the family is Italian but I think when they came to the states they wanted to become American to fit in..many of the cultural things were left behind except some of the food. We visited Italy in 2019 and I loved the slower pace of things. The importance of rest, family, and food. One of my favorite books is this one I bought that was written by a social media influencer I follow. 


4. Food critic, film critic, book critic, art critic...which hat would you most like to wear? Tell us why. Food Critic or book critic...but I might not be good at that since I hate being critical and many things are personal preference. 

5. What's a small, random thing from your childhood that you still remember clearly? Riding bikes in the woods across the street from our house and playing in the creek. I've been sharing that with my grandson and he thinks it sounds so cool.  

6. Insert your own random thought here.  Not much random this week from me. I have a list of things I want to do today so I better get going on it. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading both of your posts for the link parties! Our son has a German Shorthair Pointer (GSP) and she is terrified of loud noises. They have to give her medicine and put her bed in one of their bathtubs and pull the shower curtain closed in order for her to calm down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh we've gotten caught in a few really huge downpours in Florida.. in fact one time we lost our flip flops and they started floating away on the puddles in the side of the "road" (not really the road since we were inside the park but we weren't on the sidewalks in the park either). It ended up becoming one of our most laughed about family memories as not one of us had a single dry spot left on us when we got back to the car. I think I'd have a hard time picking just one favorite cookie... I like so many of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to Seattle, and it was 85 in June. We stayed there a few days before going on a cruise. I have been to Oregon in the summer, and it was hot and smokey from the fires. We went on a power touring boat on the Rogue River and it was fun! Lots of trees. I am glad you can share those moments with your grandson. How far is the beach from you. Are you on the coast of the PNW? When we were in Seattle, we took a 2 hour ride up to Friday Island. So many pretty things to see. Loved the orcas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ll bet you are used to the rain being in the PNW! That’s interesting about running v walking in the rain! I love a good rainy afternoon… unless I’d wanted to be outside, lol. I agree about the critic job. I feel like food and book tastes are personal. Though I do occasionally have strong opinions on both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your answers and share your outlook on the rain since we both live in the rainy areas of our respective countries. I also totally agree with your answer to the bonus question. I really enjoyed my work but I still didn't like Mondays, especially because for many years, we had a staff meeting the first thing in the morning and you had to give status reports on what you and your colleagues were working on. I didn't mind giving a report but why did it have to be the first thing Monday mornings?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's nice that you vacation throughout the year. All those cookies sound delicious. Like your answer for #3 and that book sounds interesting. Wonderful childhood memories. Hope you finished the list you had. Thanks for stopping over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot about snickerdoodle cookies...one of my faves. It sounds like you have similar childhood memories of bike riding/playing out on your own. Send some rain down to Texas. We are getting close to drought in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so interesting about getting wetter if you run in the rain. Sometimes I just want to get some place dry as soon as possible, but since I'm also scared of falling I almost never run anyway. My motto is "water dries" so I'm pretty chill with getting caught in the rain. :-)
    Living with less and at a slower pace is a good thing we can probably all learn from the Italians!
    Enjoyed reading all your answers today - hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Require professional help to spy on your cheating partner, deleted chat conversation retrieval, Remotely control or spying on your colleagues (coworkers) or friends phone, erase or delete a criminal record from database, Recover your forgot password, recover your stolen cryptocurrency Bitcoin (BTC), Tether (USDT), Ethereum (ETH), or bank transfers scammed funds, Increased Credit score boost to 850, contact WhatsApp: + 1 38 6 348 7838 mikhailgroupprogrammercybersec@gmail.com mikhailgroupprogrammercybersec@programmer.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts