Tuesday Four and Wednesday Hodgepodge
This week I'm double dipping since I just got back into town from the beach and playing a little catch up on link parties. I'm linking up with #TuesdayFour and #WednesdayHodgepodge. I almost skipped them but I really liked the questions.
The "Ber" Months
It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea.
December. Fall/Autumn begins in September and ends in December.
Time is crazy isn't it? So...what were you up to in the year 2002? Wow. I have no idea what I was doing in 2002..my girls were 3 and 6..we were youth pastors and so I'm pretty sure life revolved around church stuff. Our oldest played soccer and my hubby coached. I'm sure I have photos somewhere but I don't know that I organized them, maybe I have some on one of our hard drives. Well, I had every intention of coming home from work and looking through my hard drives, but forgot and now I'm just too tired, and ready for a bath and bed!!
2. "Me? I'm scared of everything..." What's something that scares you that you'd like to try anyway? Hmmm this could be answered many ways. I'm afraid of heights and I don't care for deep water (I'm not a strong swimmer and I don't float)...but there's nothing related to either of those fears that I want to try. Now, things that "scare" me in the sense of taking a risk or something that takes me out of my comfort zone? There are probably way more things associated with that. Joining a club or group where I don't know anyone, with the hopes of making some new friends. Letting down walls that have been built up over years. I've thought it would be fun to do some videos of making recipes from cozy mysteries and talking about the books and the recipes but I'm my own worst critic.
3. Watermelon-yay or nay? Yes, but it has to be nice a sweet. Which melon is your favorite-watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew. I love canatloupe and watermelon. I do like honeydew, but that one is tough to get one that has good flavor.Of the watermelon food/beverages listed which would you say yes to...
4. August 12th is National Middle Child Day. Are you a middle child? nope. If not, where do you fall in the birth order in your family of origin? I am the oldest. Do you think this has influenced your personality? Elaborate. I think it may have. I was not a very confident child or even teen and our home life was a bit tumultuous at times. However, I do feel like I am responsible, I was a helper, a peace keeper/maker, but I'm not a perfectionist and while I can be a natural caretaker, I don't know that I was/am the touchy/feely nurturer. Even though I certainly care. I'm the one who is going to be practical and try and get things taken care of. I don't know how great of an older sibling I was. I was 5 years older than my sister and we have never been very close.
5. Would you rather talk to everyone at a crowded party for a short time, or have a significant conversation with two people? I would be sure to say hi to several I would want to say hi to and maybe touch base, but then I'm content to sit with a few and have some good conversations. Explain.
6. Insert your own random thought here. I spent 3 1/2 days at the beach last weekend helping with my grandkids while their mom and dad led a youth camp. It took place at the Dunes Bible Camp in Ocean Park, Washington where we held youth camps from 1996-2009. Talk about reminiscing. It was a special time with the grandkids and then also two other family's kids during meeting times. It was always so helpful when our girls were little, to have help so that I could be a part of meeting times so when the opportunity opened up for me to go and help, I took it. I'm tired but it was worth it.






Enjoyed reading all these answers today! I feel quite similar about the birth order question and I think I'm much the same in a caregiver role - I'm practical and happy to do things for someone I'm caring for, but I won't hover.
ReplyDeleteLove the beach photos - how fun to think back to earlier years memories while there with the grandkids.
Hope you're having a great week!
I love that you could help out and I hope there was a nap somewhere upon your return. I'm often my own worst critic too, so I get that. I think your idea to cook from cozy mysteries sounds like a fun idea and I'd watch. Have a nice weekend!
ReplyDelete