Taking in Life Around Me....#Flowerhour


My blogging friend Terri has started a new photo challenge #flowerhour and she'll post every Tuesday.


This week we're continuing with our Floral ABC's, focusing on J,K,&L. I went on a bit of a scavenger hunt this past weekend to find the elusive K.

J: Jacobs Ladder

I love Jacobs ladder. My mom used to have them at her house and when I spotted a couple of them at a local store, I grabbed them. They're thriving wonderfully. 


This one is the heartiest of the two. I'm hoping it doesn't crowd the space too much. I love the foliage on these and they fill up with dainty white flowers. 



K: Kyushu Hydrangea

I was trying hard to find something that started with "K". I had a list, I went to a nursery (albeit a small one), and no luck. I stopped at Lowes because they often have a great plant selection....no luck. THEN, I spotted a cool tree in the back...when I looked at the tag I quietly said "YES! This is it, this is my K". I had planned to go to our local nursery Monday or Tuesday if I couldn't find one. 


I love how pretty the flowers are. 


I seem to be seeing a lot more hydrangeas shaped to look more like a tree. I haven't decided if I like it or not. 


L: Lavender

Lavender of course is a favorite and readily available. These first two photos I snapped at Lowes. 


 
Back in 2016 my youngest daughter and I went to a lavender farm in Hood River, Oregon. With Mt. Hood in the background it was an amazing place to wander. 


With Joy
Unquenchable,
Kirstin
Kirstin

Comments

  1. The Jacob's Ladder is really pretty - I hope that both your plants continue to thrive for you!
    I love your commitment to get the photos! LOL If my husband's greenhouse was a little more conveniently located I would make a regular trip there to get the flower photos for this challenge, but I haven't done that yet. That's a very pretty variety of hydrangea. I haven't seen them shaped like trees around here, but maybe I'm not paying attention.
    The photo from the lavender farm is so pretty too. I went to the lavender festival at my husband's greenhouse last year and loved all the photo ops there.
    Visiting from the Flower Hour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have a greenhouse. maybe someday.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of Jacob's Ladder except as a quilt pattern! Looks like it will be a huge plant. Likely doesn't live in my Zone. That hydragena is unique. Bernie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a neat plant. I've seen them a few different places.

      Delete
  3. I love this!! The lavender photo on the turquoise chair is cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla. It is a neat lavender farm. I need to get back there.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts