Taking in Life Around Me....#CFFC and #flowerhour
A new favorite photo challenge hosted by Dan from No Facilities, called the #CFFC (Cees Fun Foto Challenge). Cee passed away and Dan has decided to carry on the challenge.
This weeks prompt is the last of our Crayola challenge and the theme is monochrome. For flower hour we can do whatever we want..next week we're hitting the Floral ABC's again with M, N, O.
I've been gone at the beach since last week hanging with my grandkids and a few of their friends while their parents ran a youth camp. I didn't have much downtime and barely cracked open my laptop.
Let's talk Monochrome. I always think black and white, however by a broader definition it can be any color in a single hue! If you look up examples, sure, most will be devoid of all color, but you will find a few that are of other colors, but only one..nothing else mixed in. However, I didn't really have time to focus on other colors...so mine will be black and white.
Let's start off with the #flowerhour choices. One morning before I was on kiddo duty, I ventured to the beach around 6:30 hoping to catch some eagles (they've been spotted in the water...in fact my son in law saw them the previous morning). I paused on the way to snap a few photos of flowers.
First up we have yellow sand verbena. The leaves are thick and waxy like a succulent with small clusters of yellow flowers.
Then we have purple sea rocket.
This was one I edited awhile back.
Then we have purple sea rocket.
While I didn't see any eagles in the water, there were plenty of crabs, and plenty of seagulls feasting on the crabs which was very entertaining.
Mr. Crab did not give up easily. There was one point, this seagull moved and another started walking towards the crab..I was kind of hoping for a battle but no luck.
The boys were content playing games in the field while the girls spent a lot of time playing in the water. We had amazing, rare, warm days while we were there. The PNW coast is known to be chilly, and wet. Not this week. It was warm, and the only precipitation we had was today, and it was the day we left.
When I searched my photos and typed in "monochrome", these were a few of the images that showed up. Several I had edited for other challenges with B/W prompt, but a few I thought were interesting in that they were perhaps enough of one color for the software to classify them as monochrome.
Kirstin




















.jpeg)
Nice shots of things in monochrome for CFFC, Kirstin. I like the kids playing in waves, excellent contrast! Those last images have too much color to be monochrome. It really means one color. It's fun to desaturate a color Pic into a faint green or blue. Or yellow, which i should have done 😁
ReplyDeleteThank you. Yes. I agree...I just thought it was interesting that when I searched, it brought those up.
DeleteWonderful gallery, Kirstin. I love the seagull sequence and the last image with the bird in flight in the fog...superb photo.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteThese are wonderful photos. The sunflower and the children are my favorites. There's something special about black and white photos of children that I find so interesting.
ReplyDeleteThis is Dan/
DeleteYes, I agree, black and white of children are pretty neat.
DeleteI love the photo of the purple searocket. One of my favorite flowers. I was doing a carpet cleaning in Encinitas recently and my customer had them growing throughout her front yard, and it really made my day. Thanks so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Delete