Taking in Life Around Me: Lens-Artist Challenge
This weeks prompt is focusing on sharing our best-ever images. Not gonna lie, this intimidated me because I would say I'm a hobby photographer and use the term photographer loosely, however, I do feel like over the years I've taken photos that when I look at them, they bring me joy or bring a thought of "yay, that turned out pretty good", and for me, that's what classifies it as a "best image". Will they win awards? Probably not. I'm not taking them for that purpose, but I love them and that's all that matters. I also knew that so many who contribute on here are incredible photographers and I love everything they share, but it can also intimidate me. That's my issue though. Haha!
In October of 2025 my hubby and I went to Colorado. One stop was the RMNP. I loved this tree growing out of the rock, with some of it's roots exposed. I also love how it shows my hubby relaxing. He has a job that often has him needing to be "on" at all times.
In our town, every February or March, the smelt run on the Lewis River. With that brings eagles and sea lions. I've always gone down to watch, but my lens could never get the reach needed. This year I had saved enough and bought a used Sigma 150-600. This was one of the images I took. I was still practicing getting things right, but I was just so excited to finally get closer shots.
One thing I love doing is going to our local wildlife refuge. This red winged blackbird seems to be yelling at me!
Tina of https://travelsandtrifles.wordpress.com
Patti of https://pilotfishblog.com
Ann-Christine, aka Leya of https://lagottocattleya.wordpress.com
John of https://photobyjohnbo.wordpress.com
Sofia of https://photographias.wordpress.com
Anne of https://annegeephoto.com
Egidio of https://egidio.photography/
Ritva of https://sillarit.com/
Beth of https://wanderingdawgs.com/
Guest Hosts TBA









Hey Kirsten, what an enjoyable read, illustrated with great images that obviously mean a lot to you. You nailed the challenge description for what makes photography so special for you which is what its all about isn't it. :)
ReplyDeleteSteve Hyde re the above comment
Delete