Taking in Life Around Me: #CFFC Challenge




A new favorite photo challenge hosted by
Dan from No Facilities, called the #CFFC (Cees Fun Foto Challenge). Cee passed away and Dan has decided to carry on the challenge. 

This weeks prompt is the start of a new series called "Where/What/When". This week is where/what/when we read. I'm excited because I love to read. 

I loved the door at a bookstore I visited last week. 

Now, when I read, I do better in a quiet place or a place that maybe isn't perfectly quiet but for whatever reason, it cannot be when a TV is on or someone is watching or listening to something on their phone...though if someone's talking on a phone I can read....okay, maybe I'm just weird. 

Perhaps we might sit in one of the chairs in a bookstore to look through some choices. I love when bookstores have cozy chairs. 

How about this cool stack of books. 

For the past few years I've participated in the 52 book club challenge. The prompts are pretty tricky sometimes. I enjoy sitting outside with my computer, plotting the books I might read or which books I'm reading fit what prompts. 

My living room is one place I enjoy reading. I also enjoy reading in bed.

I also enjoy reading on vacation. My little granddaughter was "reading too". 

My grandma was an avid reader, and I enjoyed sitting on the patio when we'd visit and read with her. 




I try to always have a book with me. Whether a physical one, or on my kindle. And I love listening to audiobooks while I drive. 

I also enjoy reading books that take place where I am visiting. This is the one I read a few years ago while visiting family on Lake Erie, Ohio.



The Calgary library was pretty cool. There were a lot of people so I didn't take many photos, but wow! It is several stories tall. I also wished I had photos of the Providence Anthenaeum that my hubby visited on a work trip. He sent me quite a few videos and wow, talk about amazing. 


On Anderson Island, in Washington, this little museum had a mock schoolhouse. I was loving all the old books and primers.


I will always look for bookstores when I go on vacation. This one was really cool on Vancouver Island, Canada.


Loved the painted stairs at this cafe/bookstore in Steamboat Springs, Co.

On a trip to Canada in March, I found a couple cool bookstores (above and below). 


I will read almost any genre (no horror, sci-fi or raunchy) but I would say cozy mysteries are my fave. I enjoy going to local author events and this is one of my favorite local authors. 

Happy reading friends.


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

Popular Posts