Wednesday Hodgepodge





It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.


1. Do your goals and dreams energize or exhaust you?  

According to the AI overview: A dream is a broad aspiration fueled by imagination and emotion, often without a deadline. A goal is a specific, measurable objective with a concrete plan, steps, and a timeline for achievement. Simply put, goals are actionable while dreams are inspirational.

I'll be honest...I feel like I don't really have many goals or dreams. Not in a woe is me way. I suppose I have more goals, like workout regularly, lose weight, learn to do this or that, etc. Dreams? I just don't know. Do I have dreams? I dream of having a garden and landscaping our yard someday. I've always dreamed it would be fun to have youtube videos where I make recipes found in cozy mysteries. I also dream of the day I can be a full time stay at home woman again and do all the things I want to do around here, add more crafting, exploring etc.   Elaborate. I don't know that any of these exhaust me, or energize me. 

2. July 23rd is national lemon day. Are you a fan of this flavor? I do like lemon flavor and fragrance. What's a favorite dish or beverage you enjoy that calls for lemons? Well, lemonade of course. I also like lemon bars, lemon poppyseed muffins. I haven't had too many savory dishes with lemon in it. I did buy a Meyer lemon tree last year, but I think I did something wrong over the winter and it died. I'm going to try one more time before I give up. 

3. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"...is this something you're pretty good at managing? I think so. I have a pretty chill personality so I think that helps. Have you had to do this recently? Yep. I think I mentioned awhile back that we have bats. Yep...gotta make lemonade. Well, are we actually making lemonade or just forking out too much money! I mean I've covered up areas that they may have gotten in the house, doing the best I could to deter them, so that could be lemonade. If so tell us about it. I do believe in most situations, I'm good at rolling with it, coming up with something else, making do. It takes a lot to throw me off track. Sometimes it's hard to make lemonade if the situation is especially tough. 

4. Something you love that is lemon yellow in color? Flowers. Fall leaves, pretty dishes. I do love when people paint their homes a pretty yellow. I don't really wear much yellow. 

Absolutely love the yellow fall colors of the leaves. These were the aspens in Colorado.

Nothing prettier than black eyed susans! Yep, yellow flowers are a fave. 

Also, love this pretty mug with the pretty yellow inside it that my girls got me for Mother's Day. 
This pretty (I actually don't know what it is) tea towel maybe...though it's rather large is something one of my daughters friends gave me when they came back from Italy. I love it. 

5. How would you describe your attention to detail? It really depends. I'm not a very detail oriented person unless something really calls for it (and sometimes that's open to interpretation right?). I do notice spelling or grammar errors easily. My hubby is much more detail oriented than I am.   

6. Insert your own random thought here. We had a crazy thunderstorm last Thursday. Here in the PNW they're pretty mild, but this one reminded me of living in the midwest. I loved it. I love a good thunderstorm. It's Wednesday evening at about 5:20, the sky has darkened and it's thundering again. However, I do hope it stops by morning as my daughter has an event with her coffee cart in the morning. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. We love Black Eyed Susans and apparently so do the deer : (. They eat the flowers as soon as they bloom so we have given up having them here. They're the state flower of Maryland and we had some in our yard there, and very few deer, but they somehow still found them. Bats. Shudder. I hope the problem is solved. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say we bring our Meyer lemon tree inside in the coldest part of winter. We're in SC so it's not a long season, but we did have real winter this past year. My hubs puts the tree in the garage and has two big grow lights on it. The heat from those seems to be enough to keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find my goals achievable and they energise me but dreams, are just that. Things I want but I don't think I will ever get.
    I hope the lemon tree works out this time.
    Ohh no! I am not a fan of thunderstorms, they scare me but my family all love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a Mayer Lemon tree, and it gives lots of lemons. Ours is shaded during the hottest part of the day. I liked all your yellow pictures. I squeezed lemon on my fish today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts