Taking in Life Around Me......#Flowerhour
My blogging friend Terri has started a new photo challenge #flowerhour and I may try to join in each week. She'll post every Tuesday.
This week we're continuing the floral alphabet with GHI! This has been a bit of a harder one and I had to go dig through my archives. Only one of the flowers in my yard currently start with one of these letters, not even the scientific names. Ha!
G for Gladioli
The one flower at the moment in my yard that starts with a G. I love the color of this one and how pretty it is against the yellows and oranges. The deer haven't eaten this even though they've munched on plenty of other things.
H for Hydrangea
Many of the houses in Seabrook, Wa have Hydrangeas. Such a pretty flower, though I know they can be kind of particular about their soil. A friend recently posted a photo of one in a pot on her porch and I'm determined to find one now. It is a more "petite looking one". I loved these ones because they were growing along a fence line.
I for Iris
These Irises are in my yard. This photo was a few years ago...they didn't bloom this year because my hubby didn't know what they were and he chopped them with the weed eater. Bless him. Kirstin







Comments
Post a Comment
I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!