Taking in Life Around Me....#CFFC challenge: Box of 8 color pairs & #Flowerhour challenge: Flowers in Containers



I'm double dipping this week: 

A new favorite photo challenge hosted by Dan from No Facilities, called the #CFFC (Cees Fun Foto Challenge). Cee passed away and Dan has decided to carry on the challenge. 

My blogging friend Terri has started a new photo challenge #flowerhour and I may try to join in each week. She'll post every Tuesday.

This weeks theme for CFFC is pairs of crayola colors and a bonus if we use all colors in any pair and Terris #flowerhour theme is flowers in containers, which can also be color pairs from the box of crayons. I have a variety of images. Sorry, not sorry (insert smiley face)

We'll start off with flowers in containers, whether vases or other creative containers they are beautiful. 











Now moving on to the specific photos I chose for the #CFFC challenge.

For this combo I was going for the orange/yellow, though we could add red, green and black to it if we wanted. 
I went for red/green in this photo. Yes, blue is pretty dominate, but I was going to look for a deeper blue. 
In past prompts I've added murals because I love them and they are always filled with color. I found every color in the box of 8 in this photo. 
Brown and White pinto coloring in Sunriver, Oregon. 
Green and yellow decor at an Indian wedding we served coffee at a few months ago.
I took a photo of this bookmark to show my grandson who loves to draw...a perfect depiction of the box of 8.

I see several pairs in this downtown street image in Canada. 

And last but not least the Olympic rings in the Olympic village in Canada! 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Great shot of the Olympic rings, Kirstin. I visited Squaw Valley in Lake tahoe and captured the rings there. Love all the flowers, especially those rustic containers! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri! Wouldn't it be fun to visit all the places where the Olympic rings are?

      Delete
  2. You definitely nailed this challenge. Did you do all those flower arrangements in the vases yourself? There were so many stunning ones. The Olympic rings certainly also hit the bill but for me the clear winner was that bookmark! wow!!
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bernie! No I didn't. Most of them are from a local flower farmer. The lilacs were from my lilac tree. I would love to have a huge flower bed so I could pick my own arrangements...they're not cheap to buy.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous double themed post, Kirtin! Your florals are lovely and I enjoyed the other images as well. Were you on Montreal or Vancouver? Both are Olympic cities in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! We were in Calgary area.

      Delete
  4. Love all your photos! Gorgeous flowers in the vases, and the Crayola challenge too. You had some great examples, and I enjoyed seeing them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara! I appreciate the visit.

      Delete
  5. Outstanding flowers, Kirstin. I love all the vases and the truck is magical.
    Lovely ideas for Dan's pairs. I love them all. Really thoughtful examples. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kirstin, what a great gallery. The flowers and their rustic containers are so good. I like all of the "bonus points" full range of colours too. Is that a Coyote with the pinto?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those containers were at a great venue. Yes, that is a coyote. He was hanging out, chasing his next meal. I actually have several photos of him with a prairie dog in his mouth. The horses didn't seem to care he was there.

      Delete
  7. Oh my, these are wonderful! That brown and white pinto is striking and the Indian wedding's decor is beautiful. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, that wedding was incredible.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts