BKD Cookbook Club.....Fix It With Food



It's time again for  Jo Tracey's BKD (Brookford Kitchen Diaries) Cookbook Club. I've followed Jo for awhile and have read several of her books, including one of her most recent which features a group of ladies who have a cookbook club. If you haven't read any of Jo's books, you should.

I wasn't sure I'd post this month because so many things have kept getting in the way. BUT I remembered that in the book I chose, there was a very simple and quick recipe that I could put together. Please forgive my less than pretty photos. 

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with Chef Michael Symon. I was first introduced to him on the show The Chew. I loved that show. I continued following him on other shows, and social media. I haven't bought any cookbooks in awhile but I did get this cookbook and had my eye on several of the recipes. On the show, he often talked about inflammation and autoimmune issues he has dealt with and how many foods triggered the flare ups for him. He has a few "Fix it with Food" cookbooks geared towards recipes that help those with autoimmune issues and inflammation. This book is geared towards smaller portions for 1 or 2 people while the first one has meals that would probably serve a family.





The recipes I have marked to make are below. They all sound really good. He also has a recipe for savory oatmeal which I can't quite wrap my head around...I never think of oatmeal as savory. I might have to try it. 

This was the recipe I was going to make. I have everything for it so I might try it next week. 


I was also going to try the recipe above this week because it seemed easy enough but again, didn't get around to it. 


The one I made tonight are the flourless Nutella crepes. This made two crepes. I wasn't sure how they'd taste, but they were really good! I forgot the almonds...in the oven until after I ate the crepes and the almonds were well done...oops. 


My plan was to make homemade whipped cream, but my cream had actually gone bad...oops again! Seriously this is all the ingredients there were. I added some strawberries because that sounded good too. 

He didn't say to flip them but I thought they weren't quite done in the middle. I just realized. I missed where he said cover the pan. I've made crepes before so "I don't need to read all the directions"....clearly I should have. I did cover the pan after they weren't fully done hoping it would help. 
Spread some hazelnut spread on it, topped with strawberries, some canned whipping cream I had in the fridge, roll and enjoy! They were so good! I would totally make these again. I feel like they are a bit more fragile, but it could've just been my lack of completely following the directions. 

See you next month when we share recipes around all things "bread"....ooohh excited for that one. 

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I love thin french crepes - especially with Nutella. I think i have heard of that chef! I find myself getting ahead of myself sometimes with recipes, and don't read them as well as i should... I feel that canned cream is much more of an american thing than here in australia tho i am sure you can buy it here. Apparently aussie cooks prefer to whip up their own cream :=)
    cheers
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. There aren't enough books that have recipes for one or two. The chicken thighs and crispy rice recipes both sound good. Crispy rice is a thing at the moment; I really must try it! Your crepes look the business – and a real treat. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts