Weekend Coffee Share....Come Sit with Me


It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try. I have loved getting to know different bloggers and I figure if they take the time to write a post, I'll find the time to visit, even if it's a week later. I truly enjoy what you all share and I often learn so much. 

Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare.

If we were having coffee we'd probably talk about:

The weather: It's been hit and miss, but the temps are starting to feel more winter like..Here in the PNW that is basically the 50's during the day and 30's-40's at night. We are out of town this weekend and today (Saturday) is supposed to be nice...yay, but then rain Sunday/Monday. The colors on trees are popping and are just beautiful. 

What we're thinking about: I'm sure this last week most people have been thinking about the election. Some are upset, some are elated. My thought after each election is to hope and pray that whoever is in office ultimately makes decisions that will consider everyone. I know there is so much contention and debate about that, but whatever side people are on, change can still happen, voices can still be heard, etc. I tend to lean towards not believing all the negative, hyper-sensationalized accusations by both sides. I could be wrong, but it doesn't help me at all. So I've thought about navigating differences of opinion, relationships, etc. I read a meme that said "Don't damage friendships over politicians who don't even know you're name. You can have differing political views and still treat each other with kindness and respect". 

What we're thankful for: Thankful for the little things...driving down country roads and admiring the beautiful colors on the trees. I want to remember to be grateful and thankful for the simple things in life. 

Around the house:  I've started taking down all the fall decor and will hopefully get Christmas down soon.We all love Christmas and we're just ready to put it up. We don't host Thanksgiving so it doesn't really matter what it's decorated like. 

For the Love of Food: I had hoped to make some bread with the new Kamut flour I bought, but I haven't had a chance. Maybe next week. Last night my hubby and I went to a sushi place...and while I don't care for sushi a whole lot, this was very good. I haven't made anything else worthy of writing about. Other than that, I haven't made much. I'm looking at recipes for desserts because my daughters birthday is this week and I asked what she wants for dessert. 


I don't remember what any of the above are, but they were tasty. We don't really go for the "raw" sushi...not quite there yet. 

Oh, I did make pumpkin seeds. I used Kakai and Naked bear pumpkins. Both of these are hull-less and so perfect. This is the recipe I use. They are addicting and everyone loves them. 


What we're reading or wanting to read: I've been enjoying Jo Traceys book Escape to Curlew Cottage.   I preordered her Christmas book but wanted to read the first book before the second one. I'm almost 70% done and enjoying it. 

I think I've come to the decision that I will not meet my Good Reads challenge this year. I chose 64 books and I'm 4 behind. I also am not going to finish my 12/12 challenge..some of the books were hard to find (one is a textbook and I'm not paying $35+ for it), and a few have been hard to get through. I may take a break from that challenge next year. We'll see. I love reading, but don't want to overwhelm myself or put pressure to the point it's not enjoyable. I'm loving trying to figure out who would throw Claire to the wolves. I have a few suspicions.

What we're watching or listening to: I'm about 65% of the way through my audiobook by Bono. It's pretty good, but long. I'm determined to finish it though. Podcasts of course have been on my list...a few of them. I haven't watched any movies or TV shows. 

Favorite photo(s):

This kid is loving riding his bike and has taken it up a notch with jumping. Good thing my hair is already gray..haha. 

The colors are amazing, and I love the view going to and from our home and also out our back yard. 


My youngest has a photography business and has a new set up this year. It's so cute, and the grandkids are always her "models". 



Random or not so random things: We took pepper to see Disney on Ice last week and she loved it. 


She loved her dress and her bedazzled face and wrist. 

I've been trying to get in the cold tub at least once a week...my goal would be three days, but it just depends. It's harder the colder it gets outside. 

I just started the puzzle above, and finally finished the national park puzzle I was working on. I realized that on the back there were letters, so I finally divided the puzzle pieces that way and it helped me finish it sooner. 


Last week Pepper and I went to a bazaar and I bought some homemade marshmallows and a pottery piece.

I'll share next week about the getaway we are on this weekend. 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Beautiful photos of your grands and Fall colours. Thank you for your weekend coffee share. Have a wonderful getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures of nature and of your grandkids! That is cool that your daughter has a photography business! I hope her business has lots of success. Enjoy your getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter must get her photography skills from you! Both her photos of her models and the one you took of the fall colors on the windy/foggy road are just lovely! I think I really startled one of the moms we hike with last week when she asked me how I felt about the election results and I told her I had no deep feelings one way or the other-- to me most politicians are the same and while their decisions do impact my life I don't really feel like they are a big impact on my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness you had a busy week. Peppa looks so pretty in her dress ... like a princess :) Love the diamonds on her face.
    Re Politics
    "Don't damage friendships over politicians who don't even know you're name. You can have differing political views and still treat each other with kindness and respect".

    Oh my ... how true is this. We fell out with some really good friends over BREXIT . Not because we lost the vote but because he was shouting at me. He knew I was devastated as I am a Brit living in Portugal and it would affect our everyday lives. We often think people should learn how to lose but it is just as important to learn how to win (whatever it is) with grace and empathy.

    Meals out - we also had Sushi this week. A new restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Driving down a country road has to be one of the most enjoyable things in life. I love it! I am definitely a country girl at heart and I am often surprised (still) when I wake up in the morning and find myself living in the city.
    Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been craving sushi lately...mmm... Oh yes, regarding the election outcome, I just hope there's civility. But unfortunately, a few hours after the election, my social media was so stressful to look at, I decided to look away for a few days. The same also with my group chats that analyzed the election outcome to death. I mean what's done is done. I could see some of my friends went silent because it was affecting their mental health and interacting on the group chat wasn't going to make them feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts