Tuesday Four....Autumn Reading



Autumn Reading




It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea. Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author.We keep Toni Taddeo's original idea alive here with 4 questions each week to get you blogging, visiting and  learning about yourself and other bloggers.   The more people join in, the merrier and the better it gets. We are always looking for topics, subjects and ideas so feel free to chime in if you have idea.

The Autumnal Equinox is September 21 and it is the actual beginning of Autumn. Many, however, consider Labor Day as the unofficial opening of the Autumn season of the "Ber" Month

1. What's on your reading list for September? Oh boy, too many books are on my Reading List, BUT my goal is to finish some that I'm in the middle of and have been struggling to finish! The ones Ive been working on are:

*My Fathers List by Laura Carney

* Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay (which is considered a classic of sorts).

*Take My Hands: Mary Vashere by Dorothy Clarke Wilson

*The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World by Dalai Lama XIV

I have a few more going, but these ones have been hard for me to focus on and get finished, so that is my goal. 

2. Does your favorite reading nook look anything like the one in the picture or do you wish it did? It doesn't look like this but if I read in our living area, I do have a cozy propane fireplace and comfy chairs. I often read in bed or in the bath. Below is a picture from last Christmas. It's a cozy space and I will often sit here to read if I'm not in bed reading. 

3. Can you name some books you've read many times?  Hmmm...I'm not often one who reads books more than once. I'm sure there are books I WOULD read more than once, but there are so many books to read I don't tend to read them more than once. Do you recommend them? I don't mind recommending books, but everyone has such different tastes so unless I think it might be one someone would like, I typically don't recommend one, as in "you should read this, it's so good". I'll share the books I'm reading or have read but that's about it. 

4.   Which of the classics have you read? I'm not good at reading classics. I don't know, I struggle to get into them. I did just listen to Animal Farm, and I have read Little Women and The Hobbit a long time ago. There are probably others as well  Good Reads offer a list of classics they recommend here.


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Very cozy photos! I love reading books in the fall and winter seasons. I sit on the couch in the evenings, in my warm socks, and relax reading my favorite stories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts