Taking in Life Around Me.....#Sundaystills : Theme


This #sundaystills challenge is hosted by Terri from Second Wind LeisureIt's a great themed photography challenge that you'll enjoy. I love seeing the other participants interpretation of the theme each week...it causes me to think outside the box. I joined in hopes of it pushing me to get out and take more photos...I have to some degree, but I also like that Terri is okay with us finding photos in our archives, which is also a lot of fun. So check out my photos and then head over to Terri's page to participate or visit other's posts. There are some awesome contributors who always inspire me.

This weeks theme is around "bugs"! Maybe the actual insects, or perhaps someone who is "bugging you"...let's see what I find. I know I have one for sure!!! Yikes! I always try to get these posts done by Monday, but that just didn't happen this week. So lets get on with it. 

These black winged insects have been flying all over around my mint plants. I don't know what they are. I haven't seen as many bees in the last few weeks. 


This beetle was found on the outside of our work building. He was HUGE! He was about 1 1/2" long, which doesn't seem like much, but he was so fat as well!

I LOVE butterflies! I'm not a fan of a lot of bugs or insects, but butterflies are my favorites...The one above I caught on camera in Ohio. The following two were at the butterfly conservatory on the East Coast. 


These were also spotted at the Butterfly conservatory. These are critters I DO NOT want to find in real life. One year we were on a mission trip to Mexico. We stayed in the cabana behind the home of the missionaries. Well, it rained one afternoon/evening, and they forgot to tell us to cover the drain. When we returned, there were cockroaches in the room...I stood outside while my hubby and the missionary wife spent I don't know how much time in the room killing them. YUCK!! I don't think I slept well that night. 


Aren't these guys so sweet. I sure hate being stung by them, but they are so necessary! 



These two love each other to death, but they sure can "bug" each other as well. 
Same with their mom and auntie below!! 

A few weeks ago my youngest played in an alumni game against the current HS girls soccer team. The alumni won and she scored a goal. When she was in HS, she was known as a "pest" on the field...she would just pop in and take the ball, she'd be "on a player" like glue...lol. She was proud of that title. 

No challenge next week, so I'll see you all in a few weeks. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Hi Kirstin, I enjoyed your take on the theme this week. That beetle was huge, but those cockroaches in your room were just gross. Gorgeous butterflies and bees. I cracked up over your kids being pests! Very clever. Hope you had a nice holiday. Back to it! See you in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That beetle is very scary! And I'm with you, I hate cockroaches...ugh. Can't say I'm very fond of stick insects either lol

    The butterflies are beautiful. I like to see lots in the garden but with the disappointing summer we've had there haven't been many around. I love how you applied the prompt to the brother and sister 😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts