Wednesday Hodgepodge



It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. Something you're working on currently? What am I working on or should be working on....haha, that is the question.Two weeks ago we did a staycation and I did accomplish a few projects. What I still need to work on is cleaning up my computer and phone (photos, organizing things better, clearing space, etc).  

2. Tell us something about your first job? Well, if we're talking very first job, I babysat probably from the time I was in Jr. High all the way through high school. Was it a positive or negative experience for you? I would say it was almost always positive. Did your parents insist you work while in school (either high school or college) or did you work because you wanted to? They never insisted, but I liked the idea of earning money and helping pay for things. 

3. Have you ever had a job that required overnight travel? No but I kind of think that would be fun. How did you feel about that? Have you ever had a job that required you to wear a uniform? Nope, no uniform either. Do you work better in the morning or at night? I work much better in the morning. I hit a wall at night though I suppose I'd adjust if I had to work a night job. 

4. What's something you bake or cook that is labor intensive? Hmm..I suppose my clam chowder could be a little labor intensive. My completely from scratch Green bean casserole is labor intensive (including making homemade fried onions). Oh, and homemade cinnamon rolls.....Is it worth it? All of them are worth it. 

I'm not sure how "labor intensive" we're talking, but those either take a bit more time or have several steps.

5. One thing you're looking forward to in the month of September? Today we leave to go to a small beach town and help with the grandkids while our daughter and son in law host a retreat, and then in two weeks we have a family beach trip. I'm looking forward to both of those. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. As I said above, we are heading to a small Washington beach community tomorrow (Wednesday) through Saturday to hang out with the grandkids while their mom and dad run a retreat for some leadership students from their church. Today (Tuesday) we painted some rocks to leave along the Gnome Trail which is a really fun trail in the woods. I'm looking forward to going but I'm super tired today and still need to pack and finish up a few things before we leave. We're not leaving til 12:30/1:00 but still. I don't feel entirely ready. Hoping for a good nights sleep tonight and feeling refreshed tomorrow. It's now Wednesday morning and I'm feeling much better and it's 6:20 and I've already managed to get a decent amount accomplished. I'll share some photos below of our trip last year of the gnome trail and the community, though you can easily google Seabrook, Washington and see photos. The story behind it's start is pretty neat. 

Some people put so much thought into it, which is really neat. I may look for a few more things around the house that we can add to it along with our rocks. 

The houses are so pretty...all the garages (if they have them) cannot be on the main roads, they have to be to the side or rear of the houses. There are small paths that go between the houses and I don't know, it's just a neat "vibe". BUT it's not cheap to stay there. We've only come when we've been helping with the grandkids. My hubby's boss has a house here and they have come as an executive leadership team for planning retreats. 
The village area is about 2 streets and a neat place to walk around. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I was just at a neighbor's house who'd had her grandgirls visiting and they painted rocks. It was so cute to see them sprinkled around the property. I'm going to do that with my grands I think. Hope you have a wonderful time! We'll be watching one set of ours this weekend and I'm trying to rest up lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT's such a fun thing for them to do. I've seen one where you use heated up rocks and crayons. We may try that next.

      Delete
  2. We paint rocks when we go on our family trip to the river. It is a fun thing to do together. I have some in my flower bed (that needs to be cleaned out!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea. I'm not very artistic..I used a stencil on my rock, but was happy with how it turned out.

      Delete
  3. I hope you'll enjoy your time with the grandkids! It sounds like it'll be fun.

    Re your first job, I thought I couldn't answer that one as I've never had an actual job, but babysitting, which earned me just €2 for an evening, may count too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Astrid. I know some people said they didn't really consider that a real job, but I did and it made me some extra money.

      Delete
  4. I've done rock painting with my grands when they were younger. Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful community!!! Have a lovely trip, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like such a beautiful area to enjoy! My mom makes her green bean casserole from scratch; including the onions and while it is extra worth you can definitely taste the difference. We (and by we I really mean my son Alec) makes croissants from scratch and those are pretty labor intensive but oh so worth it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT really is a great place. I always have to make extra onions because they're addicitng. I want to try croissants.

      Delete
  7. That town is adorable! I hope that the retreat went well. Those painted rocks are really neat. Homemade fried onions! Those sound labor intensive. I would never think to make them from scratch but it makes sense that they could be. That is cool! The purchases ones are good but very processed tasting. I hope you´re having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT is such a neat town. They had a great time and the kids and I had fun. Yes the onions and dish are labor intensive but so so good!! And much better ingredients.

      Delete
  8. Glad you accomplished a few projects. Glad you enjoyed babysitting. Way to go on making those fried onions for you green bean casserole. Wow, enjoy those trips. They sound wonderful. What a lovely town. Hope you got some sleep.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts