Wednesday Hodgepodge





It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1.What was the best (or one of the best) summers of your life? Tell us why. Boy....I'm not really sure. I love summer, though now that I'm working, the seasons kind of seem the same, just with different weather. I did love the summer my hubby and I met our youngest in Europe for 2 weeks, and then in 2022 when our whole family went to Ohio and stayed on the island visiting my aunts and uncles..that was fun! 

2. When you have a trip coming up do you make a list and check it twice to ensure you don't forget anything? Yes, I love lists and if I don't make one, I will certainly forget something. The night before and morning we leave, I double check everything, and put the last minute things in..toothbrush, chargers, etc.  Or are you a 'throw whatever you can think of into the suitcase at the last minute' kind of packer? When returning from a trip do you unpack immediately or leave the suitcase right where it lands? It depends on when I get home. If it's really late at night I'll wait until morning. Otherwise I do like to unpack as soon as possible. 

3. What's your favorite food or beverage made with lemons? I love a good lemonade, and I like lemon bars or lemon poppyseed muffins. Is that a flavor you enjoy? It is a flavor I enjoy. 

4. When was the last time you had to make lemonade out of lemons, figuratively speaking I mean? Hmmm...the one that comes to mind, though it was a couple years ago was when our furnace leaked in our kitchen. We had stamped and stained concrete floors at the time and while I had liked them from years, they were hard to clean and were starting to crack. I'll see if I can find a photo...anyways..we were in the middle of finishing the addition on our house which butted up to that kitchen..we were able to work it so that the insurance company would cover replacing the floors (the water stained the concrete and looked terrible). Since we were ready to have the floor laid in the new part, we just extended it over and did the hall and kitchen in the older part of the house. AND since they had to cut out part of the drywall we repainted the whole thing too! Found three quick photos...the stain from the water, the tearing out of concrete and the laying of new floor. 




5. Did you like school growing up? I did enjoy school. Why or why not? I wasn't a straight A student by any means and had to take math all 4 years (uggh), but I liked learning and of course the social aspect. There were often notes on my report cards that I was a good student but I liked to talk (I still do). I also still like learning and my love for reading came from school and time spent in the library. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. I'm heading off to the dentist soon to have a permanent crown put on. Friends, I'm hoping my teeth last me a long time before I have to get implants or dentures..lol. Uggh. I was not blessed with great teeth unfortunately. Since I was already going to be in town I decided to make an appointment to get my oil changed, so I'll do that afterwards. I'll bring my computer and use that time to do some commenting. Then since I'm in town I'll run to a thrift store I like and see what they have and also video some content for an IG page I manage. 

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I hope all went well with the dentist, one of my least favorite tasks. I think lots of us in the Hodgepodge were 'talkers' in our school days. Probably why we blog now...we have a lot of words : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JOyce. It went fine, though I sure had to pay more than I thought. I was really bad at getting around to commenting last week and didn't have time to join in this week. Hopefully next week I can be back on track.

      Delete
  2. I hope all goes well with your dentist appointment! The new flooring is for sure making lemonade out of lemons; what a beautiful finished product. I bet it was so lovely to get to spend 2 weeks in Europe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It went as good as a dentist appointment can go..haha. I loved spending time in Europe and would love to go back.

      Delete
  3. I've always liked the stained concrete floors.
    I have an appointment with the dentist in November. It's not my favorite thing to do. I hope it all works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were great but became hard to clean with the stamped pattern grooves.

      Delete
  4. The new floor looks great! Those do sound like fun summers, too. I hope all went well with your crown. Happy Hodgepodge to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did a similar thing with our floors after a really bad water damage from a burst pipe, so that's a great example of making the best of a bad thing. We had our entire basement flood in 2021 and insurance didn't cover it so we made the best of it and completely redid our basement on our own. Hope your dental work went smoothly, and that you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Water damage is no fun that's for sure, but it can have some perks.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts