Taking in Life Around Me....#SundayStills Afloat





This #sundaystills challenge is hosted by Terri from Second Wind LeisureIt's a great themed photography challenge that you'll enjoy. I love seeing the other participants interpretation of the theme each week...it causes me to think outside the box. I joined in hopes of it pushing me to get out and take more photos...I have to some degree, but I also like that Terri is okay with us finding photos in our archives, which is also a lot of fun. So check out my photos and then head over to Terri's page to participate or visit other's posts. There are some awesome contributors who always inspire me.

This weeks theme is "afloat or float". Whether floating on water, floating in air, or just trying to stay afloat in life...the skies the limit with what we might find. 
I'm also going to link this to Marsha's #WQ this week. 

Some days it does seem like it's all we can do to stay afloat. Life throws curve balls, is just plain busy, whatever it might be. Terri mentioned she'll be taking a bit of a blogging break while she travels and how those breaks can be good for us as bloggers. I agree, and have taken a few breaks when I know it's not possible to blog where I am. However, I do suffer from FOMO and sometimes find myself feeling like if I don't post, I'll miss out. 

Are you just trying to stay afloat in this season of life? 


I have a slight discomfort with water, and if I'm on it I want to make sure whatever I am on stays afloat and I will not tip over. 


When we were in Florida back in 2018, the kids brought their spike ball, and used pool noodles to help it float. 



Just something about boats on the water, docked along the canal...in Italy. 
This made us laugh when we saw it...I mean, what in the world. That's creative. We never did find out what htey were doing. 





This little bookshop is unique (it's in Italy). It floods regularly so they've gotten creative by putting many of the books in boats in order to float when it floods.


Staying afloat in Mexico while snorkeling. 
This kid has since learned to swim and doesn't need the water wings anymore. 

Bubbles floating in the air.

Cute little water taxi in Canada. 

We spotted this rowing crew as we came in on the ferry. 

I'm going to venture to guess that this boat does not stay afloat at low tide. 


While on a walk along a dock on our Canada trip, I spotted these jellyfish...there was one that had a blue/purple center, but I couldn't get a good photo of it. 







I loved this little alleyway in Sidney, BC...the umbrellas look like they're floating in the air.




With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

Popular Posts