Taking in Life Around Me: #Sundaystills theme: Pastels



This #sundaystills challenge is hosted by Terri from Second Wind LeisureIt's a great themed photography challenge that you'll enjoy. I love seeing the other participants interpretation of the theme each week...it causes me to think outside the box. I joined in hopes of it pushing me to get out and take more photos...I have to some degree, but I also like that Terri is okay with us finding photos in our archives, which is also a lot of fun. So check out my photos and then head over to Terri's page to participate or visit other's posts. There are some awesome contributors who always inspire me.

This weeks theme is Pastels. You won't really ever find me wearing pastels, but I love them in nature. 











I love a variety of pastel flowers. 

As I was searching through photos I spotted this butterfly and felt like the green on his wings definitely fit with the theme. 

This spoonbill at the Fort Worth Zoo was beautiful. There were actually several on a boat. 

I love my granddaughters new rain boots...when they get wet, the raindrops turn colors. 


Amidst the bright houses in Murano you will spot some pastels. 

In Venice, the building where our airbnb was located had a pastel look to it. 

Pastel cake pops for our granddaughters birthday a few years ago. 


Definitely some pastels in the northern lights that we got to enjoy a few months ago. 

This car is often parked at our local Walmart when we go there on Tuesdays. Pepper always says "it's my favorite color" (though now she says turquoise is her favorite). When we came out of the store one day I told her to stand by it and I'd take her picture. 

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. A lovely collection of pastel-themed photos, Kirstin! The first one is especially striking, as well as the Northern Lights. I never used to wear pastels either, but I'm liking them more now, especially when paired with a bolder colour. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! When I was in HS I did one of those color things and they said I was a winter and should avoid pastels.

      Delete
  2. A fabulous selection of pastels, Kirstin. I particularly love the florals and the wildlife. Coloured house brighten a place up so much! And that pink car :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pastels among all those florals, Kirstin, along with the fun images like the boots that turn colors and the pastries. I would love to see the pastel homes in Italy someday. That pink car where your granddaughter is standing is precious. I don't think I met any little girl who didn't like pink :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri. Now she says her favorite color is turquoise. haha

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts