Wednesday Hodgepodge....Mayday



It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

WOW....my Wednesday got away from me, and I never answered the questions. I have book club in about 30 minutes so we'll see how far I get. 

1. Mayday! Mayday!...when was the last time (or a recent time) you literally or figuratively needed to call for help? Hmmm...I don't remember exactly. But there have been a few times before we got our new car that I had to call my FIL for help when our other car wouldn't start. He always comes to the rescue. Elaborate. 

2. May Day...when was the last time you danced? I love to "dance"..haha..usually in my kitchen as I'm cooking, cleaning or whatever. I also love dancing with my grandkids. Do you have a lot of baskets? I wouldn't say a lot. At least not as many as other people. I do like baskets though. What's something you keep in a basket? Most of my baskets have books. I have a basket that has kids books in it, and one that has "coffee table" type books. I have a Longaberger basket that has jewelry in it and another that is longer that I use to put bread in when we have company. 


What's your favorite purple flower? Hmmm, I don't know that I have a favorite. I'm going to go with purple tulips, though I know there are others I enjoy and would have in my yard.  Oh, and lilacs. 







3. What's something you may do this month? I really don't know. I may remember to post 10 on the 10th. My grandson may start racing his dirt bike on Thursday nights, so I may go watch him. 

4. Do you like eggplant? Yes I do. Quick topic changes lol? If you said yes in answer to the eggplant question how do you like yours prepared?I like it, but don't make it often. I have made Baba Ganoush with it, used it in place of lasagna noodles, and used it in Eggplant Parmesan. All yummy recipes. I apparently don't have posts for them all though. Hmmm.  Of the following purple foods, which one is your favorite...plums, purple carrots, purple asparagus, eggplant, acai berries, blackberries, purple cauliflower, elderberries, purple potatoes, or passion fruit?  I like plums, especially italian plums. I use purple potatoes, I drink elderberry syrup. I like purple grapes and blackberries. 

5. The calendar turns on Hodgepodge Day...

"Then you have to remember to be thankful; but in May one simply can't help being thankful that they are alive, if for nothing else."-L.M. Montgomery

Tell us one thing you're thankful for today. I have felt like for the last 4ish days, I've been in a funk mentally and emotionally...today I've felt much better, so I'm thankful for that. I think a lot of it has to do with menopause stuff. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Tuesday night my girls and I, along with another friend, my MIL and one of her friends, went to see the movie Unsung Hero. It was such a great movie, especially if you are familiar with Rebecca St. James, and For King and Country. The entire family actually made appearances in the movie, and one of the sons played his dad. One thing I tend to do when I watch movies based on people I know, true stories, etc..is I go on a rabbit trail looking up all kinds of facts, finding the songs from the movie, etc..haha! I recommend it. 

Funny story to go with it. I had the grandkids over that day and Indy was asking if he could go. I said no, it was just all us girls and it was late. Pepper looked at me and said "well, I'm a Dirl (girl), can I go?". I got a good chuckle out of that. 

Since I'm a day late posting and I need to get ready for work..I'll leave it at this. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

Popular Posts