Tuesday Four.....Taco Tuesday


Taco Tuesday


It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea. Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author.We keep Toni Taddeo's original idea alive here with 4 questions each week to get you blogging, visiting and  learning about yourself and other bloggers.   The more people join in, the merrier and the better it gets. We are always looking for topics, subjects and ideas so feel free to chime in if you have idea..

Taco Tuesday was coined by a Taco John's owner back in 1980 when he needed to jack up sales for Tuesday the slowest day of the week. His franchise began offering 2 tacos for 99¢.  It was a huge hit and Taco Tuesday became a big hit in America.  But it's original name was Taco Twos Day.

Could we look at Tuesday a bit?

1. Do you take part in this nationwide ritual and have tacos on Tuesday or do you like them any old time? No, we don't necessarily have tacos or a mexican related dish on Tuesdays. It's usually when we feel like it. 

2. This particular Taco John's was in Wyoming.  Does your state have a favorite fast food place and do you like eating there? Well, I guess it would depend on the person...and are we talking Mexican or any fast food. In and Out burger has made it's way this direction as has Chick Fil A and everyone seems to love those. I've only eaten at them once. I don't want to wait forever in line and we're not fans of fast food. 

3. Taco Tuesday was trademarked in 1989 in 49 states except New Jersey where the Gregory Hotel owns that trademark. Taco Bell wants to sue over the use of the term.  What do you think about that? I think they should just get on with their lives. I don't think it's affecting their business and I wouldn't have even known that except I just read it. 

4. How do you like your tacos? Soft or hard shell? Both Hot, medium or mild salsa? Mild all the way. Cheese? Definitely Sour cream? yep!

I like street tacos. I do like hard shells, but usually go for soft. I like adding cheese, sour cream, taco sauce (mild) and lettuce. I also really like fish tacos. I love taco salad, and have a pan that forms the soft tortilla into a bowl and I bake it in the oven til crunchy. On that I'll add cheese, lettuce, tomato, green onion, olives, sour cream and taco sauce, oh and avocado and olives. I like to load it up. 

I have a recipe for chicken and veggie tacos that is really good. It's been awhile since I've made it. I've made a few others that have been really good. 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Fun questions and answers... We don´t have In n´'Out near us. I have heard that it´s good. We recently got a Shake Shack but we´ve not tried it. Your pan for taco salad sounds really neat! I may look into that. We have tacos/ Mexican whenever the mood strikes- it is definitely not just a Tuesday thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chick-fil-a. They donate food to our school district a lot. I have always been a fan though.
    I love tacos. This is a great Tuesday 4. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have Surf Taco here that serves fish tacos but I've never eaten there. My son says it's pretty good but I like the original version best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you and I like same kind of tacos. It's not my go to food, but I do enjoy a fish taco every now and then.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts