Wednesday Hodgepodge





It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. When did you last have cancelled plans? A few months ago. Were you happy about that or disappointed? We were not happy at all. We were scheduled to have a friendsgiving (which can be so hard to schedule already) but my hubby's work got hit hard with work after an ice storm and he just didn't know if he'd be able to around. In the time since, one family moved to Tennessee..thankfully we were able to have them over before they left. 

2. On a scale of 1-10 how much of a planner are you? Well, it depends on what it is. But I am going to say an 8 because I do love to plan things, from trips to how my day will go...I don't always stick to it, but I do like to have plans. I use an online calendar called Artful Agenda that I like. It's on my phone as well.

3. Do you have a menu plan for the week? I have a loose menu plan. I plan it but sometimes it changes depending on things that come up. If so tell us one or two things that are on it. If not, what's your plan for not having a plan lol? This week on it has been hamburgers, and today (Wednesday) we're just doing chicken over salad. I don't have the rest of the week planned well. Probably a whole chicken. I usually will sit down on Fridays and make the following weeks plan. I usually ask everyone in the family (5 adults who live here) if there are days anyone won't be home, etc. I write my menu in a notebook and then when it's solid I transfer it to my artful agenda calendar on my computer (it's on my phone too). 

4. The Hodgepodge lands on National Bucket List Day. Do you have a bucket list? I don't have a bucket list...after watching the movie, and realizing what a bucket list was...I was like "what! I'm not making one of these..." lol. Now, I get it...it moves us to do things we might not do and we want to do them before we die...whenever that might be.  Is it written down or just in your head? Nothing is written down. What is one thing on your bucket list?  If you don't have a list, what is one thing you'd add to a list if you did?  I would love to go visit areas in Italy where my family was from. Yes I'm going to make you think about it. I found a think not long ago called 24 in 2024...and you were supposed to list 24 things you wanted to do/try/learn, etc..this year. I printed it, but still haven't filled it in. I suppose I should do this with the 8 months left. 

5. Rain buckets, a drop in the bucket, couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, sweat buckets, cry buckets...which 'bucket' idiom applies to your life in some way currently? Hmmm...it feels like a lot of life is "a drop in the bucket"...sometimes it seems that you feel like you are doing all you can do, but it's just not enough. Things just seem to get more expensive. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.  We had a great trip last week. We visited Rainier National Park and the Olympic Peninsula and National Park. I'll tell you what...it was another reminder of why I love living in the PNW. We got back Sunday afternoon, had my inlaws up, and the grandkids were here (my youngest daughter was watching them)...so it was a bit crazy. I finally got to bed, and thankfully don't go back to work until Thursday. I'll share a few photos here and hopefully will share more on my Weekend Coffee Share post. 

Mt. Rainier is so stunning! 

On the Olympic Peninsula is Hurricane Ridge with the Olympic mountain range in the distance. 


Wandering the forests is always a highlight. 
Sol Duc falls in the Olympic National Park is a must see!!


On our way home we stopped at Ruby Beach which is gorgeous, though there are so many logs to maneuver and my foot slipped and I landed on my rear. Thankfully just a scrape on my leg, and that's it. 
View on the way down from Hurricane Ridge. 


I just spent some time online and on the phone trying to see if my dentist and eye doctor bill my hubby's new insurance. The eye doesn't, and the dentist will bill, but they are out of network so I'll have to pay more out of pocket, but I'm not sure how much that is. So annoying. So now, I need to search for new providers, at least for vision. Uggh. 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Managing health care is a full time job in this season of life! I love your photos. I absolutely loved the tall tall trees in the PNW. The landscape is so different from the south. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding. Sheesh. Thank you very much. I love where we live.

      Delete
  2. Ugh - we haven't had any dental or eye coverage since we retired. We just pay out of our savings. I was going to look into it this past Fall but didn't.
    Mt Rainer is gorgeous. My husband used to live in the Tacoma, Puyallup area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard especially when you find people you enjoy going to. Oh cool on your hubby. I grew up just east of Seattle a bit.

      Delete
  3. Those are two great places to visit. Our sons backpacked the Olympics several years ago. Such a great experience. Glad you only got a scrape on your leg! Ugh with dealing with insurance companies! Hope you get everything figured out. Cute photo of you and hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are...I loved it. yah...I was sure praying I didn't throw my back out.

      Delete
  4. Great photos from your trip. Glad you weren't seriously injured. As to the menu question -- yes I 100 plan it but can flex it around if we need to. I have done it since my kids were small. We sat around and planned it. Now it's just the two of us. But it's so much easier to shop if you know what you are having plus I work hard to use what is in the freezer from the gardens. Bernie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I joked that I must not be old because no one rushed to help me or ask if I was fine.

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed your pictures of the PNW. I was in Lake Tahoe and Mammoth a couple of years ago and it was beautiful there. I live in the city, so I really appreciate the beauty of grand mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the photos of Mt Rainier and Olympic! I would love to visit out there again - it's been so many years now. We are thinking of taking a trip west to meet up with some friends, and Seattle was suggested, but I think it's more likely that we'll do Spokane or maybe someplace in Idaho. I like the idea of 24 in 2024 - I could probably manage that, depending on what kinds of things I added to the list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kym. It's a beautiful place to visit.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts