Wednesday Hodgepodge



It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. Has March come in like a lion where you live? If not a lion then what animal would you use to describe the weather in your area this first week of March? Definitely a lion...our weather has been all over the board. Very cold, very rainy, some wind and even some snow! I joked that I can handle rain if it's warm, or cold if it's dry or snowing, but raining (hard) AND really cold. Uggh! Does the weather affect your emotions? Not as much as some people, but yes. I just don't like the constant rain and do find that I get weary, sometimes just blah, and don't want to do anything. I have to focus on being intentional with my mindset and mood. When did you last feel 'under the weather'? Thankfully it's been quite a long time since I've been sick or even feeling under the weather. 

2. Do you know what your name means? My name (Kirstin), means "follower of Christ, the same as Kristen. There are many spellings and pronounciations of it...not always a popular name, it spiked in the 90's in popularity. My mom got my name from a British soap opera if I understand correctly haha.  Does the meaning of your name fit with your personality? Well, I mean, I'm a Christian so the answer would be yes. Sometimes I wish it had other meanings too. I have a friend named Deborah and her name means bee. I love that! Not that I don't love my meaning, but .... Do you like your name? I do. I get irritated sometimes when people pronounce it wrong, but I've learned to live with it. Family sometimes used/uses nicknames like Kirstie, Kirst, Keek, Kiki. My grandkids call me Nonni Kiki. If you have children did you consider the meaning of their names before choosing them? I don't think we really considered the meanings of their names. They were just names we really liked. My oldest daughter is Kaitlynn and her name means pure, lake, pool. Our youngest daughter is Kristianna and her name means the same as mine. 

3. It's National Sauce Month...what's your favorite sauce? Hmmm...it would all depend on what I'm eating. If it's salad, I really love ranch dressing. I do enjoy a variety of sauces. Last thing you ate that used a sauce? I had salad last night.  Last week I made a meal that had a tahini based sauce that was really good. 



4. Something you've seen, tasted, done lately that you'd describe as 'awesome sauce'?  That's not a phrase I've ever really used. Monday night we had our book club gathering and we met at one of the gals houses...she made a baked potato bar with all kinds of toppings and I don't know...it was just SO good. It hit the spot, screamed comfort and I LOVED it...so that was "awesome sauce".

5. What kinds of things do you love to collect? Hmmm, I don't really collect anything at the moment. I do have a jar with neat rocks or shells I find. I have a pile of sand dollars that I need to do something with. I used to collect Geese kitchenware (I can't remember the pattern, but I loved it when I was getting married). Then I started collecting apples in my kitchen. I think I mostly just like to find things that catch my eye. Sometimes I feel like when you start "collecting" things, you end up with an overabundance because everyone gets you that thing. I suppose you could say I "collect" books...especially kindle books that I get for free or really cheap and who knows if I'll ever read, or puzzles...haha, but I try to pass those on when I'm done. I like saving neat quotes I find. I save the letters and cards I get from people especially if they've taken the time to write a note. I have a large collection of recipes. 


6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Going to keep it short and sweet today...March seems to have come in with a list of things I need to do, but am struggling to find organization and motivation to stay on task! There's the battle of the things that need to be done and by when, and the things I want to do for my own pleasure and self nourishment. So off I go to get things accomplished. Have a good rest of the week friends!



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Hi,
    Wow, a pile of sand dollars, that is so fun. Are they all in one piece? Do you walk the ocean shore to find them. .... sorry for all the questions, I live in Wisconsin and nope we do not have sand dollars. Hee Hee!!
    Thank you for sharing about your name.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I should've shared a photo..I will next week. I rarely find them in one piece but on one trip to the beach I found 5. I was so excited. We live between an hour + from the PNW beaches.

      Delete
  2. I definitely know what you mean about people wanting to add to your collection lol. I have several creative projects I'm trying to get to but things I must do keep getting in the way. Sometimes life is like that I guess. It's a rainy day here so a nice afternoon to pull out a fun project, which I just may do. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to your#6. I always have the list in my head, but I don't always follow through. Writing it down doesn't really help. I am usually good at remembering places I have to go. Just not things I have to do around the house! I think it is nice to have a sand dollar jar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't seem to get motivated either but part of it is being so busy and having this idea in my head "just wait until you have time next week."

    ReplyDelete
  5. If we had had a girl, we would have named her Kirsten. Love that name! I think a potato bar sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kirstin is one of those names that has so many spellings and pronunciations that I have trouble keeping track! It's such a pretty name though, in any of its many variations. :-) Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...mine is like "ur" not "eer". It's always wrong..haha.

      Delete
  7. Hi Kirstin, happy weekend to you. Hope you get some sunshine today. Potato bars are such a good idea for a group. That collection question got me questioning all the things that are now on my list of downsizing. :) I like your collection displayed in the jar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is that complicated to comment now, We still have rain and that gets on my nerves ! When I was a Teenager (centuries ago) I liked to collect shells. I saw the see for the first time when I was 13 !

    ReplyDelete
  9. not anonymous it's Gattina from Writer's Cramps

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts