Tuesday Four....Soup or Sandwich


Soup and a Sandwich?


It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea. Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author.We keep Toni Taddeo's original idea alive here with 4 questions each week to get you blogging, visiting and  learning about yourself and other bloggers.   The more people join in, the merrier and the better it gets. We are always looking for topics, subjects and ideas so feel free to chime in if you have idea.

Campbells has their beautiful factory  in Camden, New Jersey.  


1. What is your favorite sandwich? Oh boy, this all depends. I love all kinds of sandwiches. I don't think I have an actual favorite. It often depends on my mood. Am I at a restaurant or making one at home. A few faves...good old grilled cheese..I like to add pickles, lettuce/spinach, mayo to it..a variety of cheeses..sometimes I'll add cream cheese. I love a homemade reuben on sourdough. Also a salami sandwich with mayo, cheese, brown mustard, pickles and lettuce. When at a restaurant I like to try different ones.  What kind of bread, roll.. toasted or not? Again, it depends. I do love some soft bread, but also a grilled sandwich (panini) is so comforting. Butter: salted or sweet? I almost always only have unsalted, but I've been buying salted to put on toast/sandwiches, and the unsalted to use for baking. 

2. Do you have a favorite soup? To many faves. I love tomato soup, clam chowder, chicken soup with dumplings. A current favorite is Tomato and Tortellini soup. SO good! Do you make homemade soup often? Yes, we love soups so I make it on a regular basis. What kind? Most of the ones mentioned above, though usually the tomato soup I buy from the store. Otherwise I make homemade, and I like to try different soups. I make taco soup, chili's, vegetable beef, etc. Everyone loves my clam chowder.  What's your favorite store bought soup? I rarely buy store bought soup, but I do buy the Pacific Brand of organic Tomato soup. It's nice and creamy and has a good flavor. 

3. What kind of cheese should be on a grilled cheese sandwich and should it be served with tomato soup or some other flavor ? The only time I combine soup and sandwich is with tomato and grilled cheese..other soups, I make a simple green salad to go with it and then possibly rolls. Cheese would depend on the sandwich, but we love white cheddar, provolone or havarti. 

4. Is it a Hoagie, a Sub, a Zeppelin, a Grinder, or a Hero or maybe a Dagwood? We call them sub sandwiches, we refer to the bread as hoagie roll.  What's on it? Oil.. vinegar, onions, peppers, mayo? I do like all the items mentioned on mine. Again though, it depends on the kind of sandwich. I know, my answers were all over the place, I'm not indecisive, I just go by what I'm feeling I'm in the mood for....haha.

I've shared quite a few recipes for sandwiches on my blog under the kitchen tab. 

Thanks for dropping by!



With Joy Unquenchable,

Comments

  1. Havarti cheese is good! I buy that one too. I have to get a healthier bread to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good. We often buy the Boars Head brand.

      Delete
  2. I think you are right, it depends on the mood what sandwich I want too. Lately I just buy Swiss because it is low in sodium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! I love Havarti cheese too. Oh Yum! So much fun doing these. But I love food so it makes it easy. I love lots of different things and cheeses. So I think it is even more fun. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a cheese lover and grew up having sandwiches. I still love peanut butter too and bananas together. My oldest daughter and I will eat liverwurst and swiss cheese sandwiches with mustard. Our other kids and my husband turn up their noses. They do not know what they are missing. hahahaha Good choices here. Y U M !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love peanut butter and bananas..I do not like liverworst.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts