Putting Fingers to Keyboard....#WQ : Theme: Beliefs/Easter



It's another week of  Wednesday Quotes, hosted by Marsha from Always Write. If you're interested in joining, you can find more about #WQ here



This weeks theme is beliefs/Easter. Our beliefs often shape the trajectory of our lives. Some stay constant, others change with the seasons we go through, as we learn new things. Sometimes we deconstruct our beliefs a bit. Some people freak out about that word, but to be honest, I think it's always good to evaluate what we believe, why we believe it and if we feel it's accurate or holds true. Sometimes we believe things because it's what we've always been told. We're made to feel as though we can't question things, and that we have to be right and everyone else has to be wrong. It's a tangled web we weave. Would you agree?

What kind of beliefs do we usually have? 

1. Political
2. Religious/Spiritual
3. Societal
4. Ourselves, others, the world

There are probably more but I feel like those are the main ones that we reflect on or are bombarded with on a regular basis.

I thought I'd find some quotes that are somewhat generalized. I didn't really want or have the time to look for specifics on each topic. I think it's important to know what we believe, why we believe it and also be mature enough to recognize when a belief is not correct or isn't really serving us well. I know there are some things that I used to be so adamant about and as I matured, I was able to ask myself why I believed that, and was that really a belief worth holding onto. Sometimes yes, and sometimes no. 

My youngest daughter is a photographer and she took this pic of my grandkids in front of her Easter set last year. So cute. My grandkids don't believe in the Easter bunny but they have fun finding Easter Eggs and doing Easter crafts. 


There are always plastic Easter eggs in my house. My granddaughter LOVES hiding them and finding them..The other day they were here and I filled most of the eggs up with coins or stickers, but a few were empty. My grandson got one of those and said "well, that's okay, because Jesus rose from the dead and the tomb is empty so that's good". 



This picture of me from when I was little cracks me up...first...can we say scary looking Easter Bunny, and second, I think my face shows that..."I can't believe you are making me sit on this things lap". 



There is a conversation that is often revisited with these photos...I'm 99.9% sure that's me with my grandma. However, there is that .1% or whatever it is, that says, maybe it's not. My aunts and cousins debate about it now and then. 

Me by myself, and not sure who is to the right..maybe one of my aunts who was only a little older than me, or someone else. Maybe just another little girl waiting for a picture in front of the big Easter basket.

Also, this Easter Basket is located in Lorain, Ohio in Lakeview Park. 
One of the mysteries of the photo is who the little girl next to me is. No one knows, and my grandma and my mom are both gone and can't help us out. It may remain a mystery forever. 



My grandson drew this picture the other day. I can't remember what he said about the people on the hill, but the colors on the sides of the cross are meant to be Jesus' words that h e's saying. He explained it much better and I wish I had recorded it. 


I have always thought this quote was funny. 

I recently bought some of these sun catchers to do with the grandkids. I loved this one. People hold different beliefs as to what the rainbow symbolizes. For me, it symbolizes promise and beauty. I love a rainbow after a storm. 

I had some fun going down memory lane this morning. Above photo is of my sister and I. My mom decorated this tree for all seasons. A few years ago I spotted one in the window of a thrift shop. It wasn't for sale, but if it had been, I would've bought it. 

This was probably around Easter time...I mean, why else would I be riding a pink bunny in a checkered hat...haha.

Well, that's it for today. Places to get ready to go to and all that! 

I felt like each quote gave some food for thought!  Oh I forgot one photo.




With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. What a delightful trip down memory lane. Your chosen quotes fit well with your photos. I think back to the costumes the Bunny and Santa wore years ago...how scary, right!? Great memories. Happy Easter to you and your family, I wish you many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelley. I know...glad they've gotten better at making costumes.

      Delete
  2. I loved the old photos and thoughts that went with them, and had to laugh at the photo with the scary Easter Bunny! No wonder kids had nightmares! LOL Your grandson's comment about the empty egg is too sweet - good for him to be able to recognize the goodness of an empty tomb! My adult kids still ask for (or make their own) "Resurrection Rolls" every Easter - basically a pillsbury crescent roll wrapped around a marshmallow before baking. The marshmallow melts and makes an "empty tomb" - a very simple holiday traditional food that is nostalgic for them. Hope you have a wonderful weekend celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kym. I have never made those rolls, but maybe I'll try it next year.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts