Wednesday Hodgepodge





It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. What kind of thinker are you-doer (concrete thinking) analyst (analytical and abstract thinking), orator (logical thinking) inventor (imaginative thinking) or original thinker (creative)? What makes you say so? You can try this little quiz (link here) to help with your answer. Well, according to the quiz, I'm more of a Doer. Reading the details of each, I feel like the quiz was pretty accurate even though I wavered on a few choices. Some I felt weren't a true or a false, but somewhere in between. I'm going to say that it really depends on what I'm thinking about or having to think about which will determine the way I think...if that makes sense. 



2. Do you own a crock pot, air fryer, and/or instapot? I own all of them.Do you leave said small appliance sitting out? No, they are under my stove top, however my Pampered Chef Air Fryer is on the counter in our other kitchen. How often do you use it/them? I use the crockpot and instapot all the time. I need to use my air fryer more. When I first got it I used it all the time. Then when we switched over to our new kitchen, I didn't want a bunch of appliances on the counter. The only ones on our counter now are blender, coffee pot and stand mixer. Favorite thing to make in one of these? I mostly make soups in the crockpot. In the instant pot, I like making baked potatoes, beets, hard boiled eggs. In the air fryer, I've made quite a few things. I don't know if I have a favorite. Mine has a rotissiere thing for chicken and also a tumbler for making fries. I need to do that again. I've loved fish in it, and it also has a reheat setting which is great since we don't have a microwave.





3. What's something you hold a strong opinion on that matters not at all in the grand scheme of things? I definitely have a strong opinion about how my kitchen is set up...it is completely functional for me and if my hubby suggests something different I look at him with eyes crossed. I say "when you cook the meals, etc, then you get a say". Haha!!! I have certain tools in drawers, certain ones on a spinning holder on the counter. I expect them to be put back if someone else unloads the dishwasher (which I do like loaded a certain way). Oh, also, I have a strong opinion of NOT putting sharp knives or any of my pans in the dishwasher.

4. Describe the view from your window. It would depend which window. From my desk I can see my front yard which is lined with cedar trees and is not currently landscaped (none of my yard is)...I often see deer walk across the yard. From my kitchen window I view the backyard where the deer often go as well. I have a view of the trees, swingset and the two large canopy things that we park our cars in. 



5. Do you have a favorite brand? Hmmm...this would all depend on what we're talking about. Explain. For years, I only bought Playtex Tampons. Now I use organic ones. I do LOVE Arbonne and all of the products I've tried. I have no problem with buying off brands, especially clothing. So I'm not necessarily a brand snob.

6. Insert your own random thought here. I'm back from my trip to Hawaii and hopefully back on track with posting. It was nice to take a break. I had my computer with me, but worked on finishing up my blog posts from our 2022 trip to the NE States. I started a post on my time helping harvest grapes at my aunts vineyard but I haven't finished that one yet. I'm planning to share about Hawaii on my Weekend Coffee Share this weekend.


We did a few "hikes"...this one was the top of Koko Crater Tramway hike.


This was on the way up to the Makapuu lighthouse viewpoint. It was quite a hike up even though it was beautifully paved. 


It was a really nice trip and I had a lot of fun with the girls. Hawaii is 2 hours behind PST where I am in Washington. I tended to stay up later, but still was waking up between 5:15 and 5:30. I just woke up and had a few good hours to myself before everyone else woke up. I went out for a walk as soon as it got light. There was a nice walking path around a couple ponds near the house, and also another 5 minute walk you could be at a beach which was really nice and quiet. If you want to read more, check back next week (since I'm not sure if I'll get my post finished by Friday or Sunday). 




Now I'm back and trying to get back into the swing of things. I've been a bit tired. Hubby has been sick with a head/sinus cold, no fun! I'm determined to NOT get sick so I'm sleeping in the spare room. I mean business...I need to stay healthy. 

I babysat the kids yesterday which is always fun, but when I'm tired, I often feel like I'm pushing through. 




With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Such beautiful pictures! I could use a tropical vacation right about now. I gave my hubs the quiz too and he agreed some of the questions could be answered both ways depending what the situation is. I think it got me mostly right though. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce. I agree. I think it was mostly right for me as well.

      Delete
  2. Oh I love the photos!! Love the one of you looking out into the yonder. ;-) Hee Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have listed that I have a strong opinion about things being put back where they belong...especially in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Right? I need to get over and read everyones' posts.

      Delete
  4. You have nice views from your windows. Looks like you have a nice piece of land. That is a great space for those large appliances. Your photos from Hawaii are great. Glad you had a good time away. Hope you don't get sick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen. We have 2 acres. about an acre and a half up top, and another 1/2ish down a hillside.

      Delete
  5. Oh I love your photos!! The view from your window, and your photos from "on top of the world" in Hawaii and that gorgeous reflection in the pond. Wow! Sorry I'm a week late in visiting, and it's now time for another Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kym! I'm often a week late visiting so no worries.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts