Tuesday Four.....Books


Books





It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea. Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author.We keep Toni Taddeo's original idea alive here with 4 questions each week to get you blogging, visiting and  learning about yourself and other bloggers.   The more people join in, the merrier and the better it gets. We are always looking for topics, subjects and ideas so feel free to chime in if you have idea.

Let's think about books and reading this week. 

1.Do you have a favorite place to read? I will pretty much read anywhere...but I love reading in bed, in the bath, or in front of our fireplace. In the nicer weather I do like reading on the porch. I listen to audiobooks in my car mostly. Maybe you can post a photo of it or describe it for us?

2.Some say reading makes a person more educated, more informed.  Do you think novels do this in any way? I think novels can do this if you are looking for it and pay attention. I often find little nuggets tucked within novels. 

Do you learn things from novels?  Yes, I would say I learn things. Sometimes it's just a great quote that makes me stop and think about something a little more or just simply encourages me. For example...a Quote from The Maid by Nita Prose "my truth is not the same as yours because we don't experience life in the same way." Sometimes it makes me curious and I go down a rabbit trail in Google looking up information and facts. 

Would you tell us what you have learned? I suppose it would depend on the novel...if it's historical fiction, especially if based on true events, I learn quite a bit of history, especially if I begin researching. There have been several that I have done this with. Two more recent ones were A Woman is no Man which is a novel but based on how many palestinian women are treated and viewed. Another was The Dictionary of Lost Words....it is based on true events, the compilation of the Oxford Dictionary. 

3. Are there any books on your list to read right now? I laughed at this one...I have WAY too many books on a TBR list. I have a list in Amazon, not to mention a list in Good Reads. You can find me on Good Reads under Kirstin Troyer. I have some on my little book shelf that I need to read and so many kindle books. Lol! 

4, Which books did you like the most and which did you dislike most? As in books I've read recently? Specific titles? or genres? I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to liking a book. I will say Sci-fi is not a favorite...one of my books on my 12 books from 12 friends recommendations I did not finish...I didn't like it...it was called Project Hail Mary. Line By Line was another one on that list that was good but I didn't really enjoy it. There were way too many I really liked to list. As far as genres...I really like cozy mysteries, thriller/mystery (but not horror..more crime), memoirs, and non fiction. I like romance but try to find ones that lean towards the "cleaner" side.


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I loved The Maid by NIta Prose. I read it last summer. Great quote. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good one. I'd like to read a few of her other books.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your answers. The Dictionary of Lost Words was a wonderful read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your answers and just followed you on Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll look for the Dictionary.. sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to read books with difficult english words when I was young. It helped me a lot with learning other languages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a good idea! It's fun to read books set in places that use different terms than we do as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts