Taking in Life Around Me......Sunday Stills : Theme: Aquamarine



This #sundaystills challenge is hosted by Terri from Second Wind LeisureIt's a great themed photography challenge that you'll enjoy. I love seeing the other participants interpretation of the theme each week...it causes me to think outside the box. I joined in hopes of it pushing me to get out and take more photos...I have to some degree, but I also like that Terri is okay with us finding photos in our archives, which is also a lot of fun. So check out my photos and then head over to Terri's page to participate or visit other's posts. There are some awesome contributors who always inspire me.

This weeks is a color challenge, and the color is Aquamarine, which is defined as: the green-blue to blue variety of the mineral Beryl. It is March's birthstone and has been used as a symbol for youth and happiness

There are so many different hues. Did you also know there is a mermaid movie called Aquamarine? It's kind of cute. 

Now to see if I have anything in my photos that contain this color. I was basically snowed/iced in from last Saturday through Wednesday and then worked Thursday and Friday which left no time to go in search of the color elsewhere. I feel like this color is a bit of a struggle for me....so the photos I chose I think fit the color, but then I think they are probably better in another category, but oh well.. haha. 

The Aare river that flows through Bern, Switzerland, kind of had an aquamarine vibe to it. 

I took this photo because of the leaning tower behind it...there are several leaning towers in Venice. 

Gondola drivers just waiting for customers...this water looks like a muted aquamarine color. One day we all got a good laugh because I unknowingly dressed in a way that looked like a gondola driver. See photo below...haha. 



Butterfly at the Monarch Conservatory in South Deerfield, MA

I LOVED these shell sculptures (I guess that's what they're called), in Plymouth, MA. I wish we had more time to go find them all. That would have been a fun adventure. 

Of course colors of Cabo!!!! 

Colors spotted along the gnome trail in Seabrook, WA
Fun phone found in a vintage market! 

Coffee logo in Leavenworth, Wa...if you're ever there, you need to get a coffee here. 

These plates are subtle, but there's a blue hint to it. 

More Cabo colors! My daughter enjoying a quiet moment in the donut/coffee cafe. My hubby and daughters snorkeling. 

Kids with some surfboards heading to the marina. 
When I was able to venture out of the house after the ice storm, I took a quick pic of the playset....lol. 
This morning I spied this pen cap in my holder. 

See ya next week. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. A wonderful and colorful array of fab photos showcasing the colors of aquamarine, Kirstin! The European set was fun as was colorful Cabo! Hope you are staying warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri! I'm staying warm inside...and with hot flashes, or warm fuzzies as I call them. Though our temps are warming up into the upper 50's low 60's the next few days.

      Delete
  2. Such a great collection of aquamarine, Kristin. Love the shots from Venice, and who cannot love Cabo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job finding examples of aquamarine. All the smiles sprinkled throughout are so fun to see. Isn't it amazing how once we set our mind to find a color we start to see it everywhere? Stay warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes...today I was driving in a neighboring town and saw a teal house...haha.

      Delete
  4. So many wonderful photos! I LOVE the butterfly! Also, the telephone and cafe! Makes me want to grab another cup of coffee somewhere quiet and read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Venice! ♥ And your other photos are wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie. Me too. Such a pretty city

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts