Putting Fingers to Keyboard.....#WQ : Theme: Literature/Media that Inspires



It's another week of  Wednesday Quotes, hosted by Marsha from Always Write. If you're interested in joining, you can find more about #WQ here.

This weeks theme is literature and media that inspire. Now, those are two things I love...I love literature in many forms, and I do love media...whether it's in the form of art or photography, or movies, "social media". I believe we can find inspiration in so many places if we look for it. 

First off, what kind of media inspires me?

*Books-all types, from fiction to non-fiction and everything else. I can usually find something tucked away in them. Sometimes they just encourage me, or give me something to think about. Sometimes they send down a rabbit hole of "googling" information. 

*Podcasts and Ted Talks: If you find the right ones, they will leave you inspired.

*Movies and TV....I'm often inspired by these...maybe it's that I'm inspired to try a new recipe. Or maybe a movie just inspires me to look at people differently or to live a better life. 

*Art work...whether painted, drawn, sculptures, murals. I am easily inspired, especially if there is information to go along with what I'm looking at. 

*Bloggers....Blogging is a form of "media", and I am inspired by so many bloggers. 

*Facebook and Instagram....yes, I am inspired by these outlets. I learn so many new things, keep up with long distance friends and family. 

I'm sure there may be other forms I'm missing, but these are the top ones for me. 

I spotted the art below at the Portland International Airport last October....It was fascinating. I will say I've developed more of an awareness of art, especially public art through the blogs I follow. 


From artwork to sculptures to murals..I always have my eye open for it all!!!


I don't have bookshelves in my house...I mean, I would love them, but I just don't have them. I do have this secretary des, that was my moms and the little book shelves behind the doors are perfect for me. 





I love being inspired by other peoples photos, and I'm inspired to always consider what I'm taking a photo of...what prompted me to take the photo, what do I look for, what am I wanting to communicate? Sometimes it's simply for my own pleasure, something I want to just have to look back on. Sometimes it's for a prompt for a blog post or something else. I love photography. 
Ending with this.....things to do haha....the day got away from me. 

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. You covered all the bases, Kirsten. Your photo at the end is so lovely and inviting. I love your book quote. It is so true. Your secretary is perfect. Thank goodness for Kindle - for me. I am out of book case room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that DeRubeis quote and quite agree with it. And your secretary - adorable! I love books and therefore I love bookcases of all kinds. My dream house would definitely have a library - preferably with a rolling ladder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kym! Mine would too. However, I don't see us moving, and I'm not sure I can talk my hubby into building me a lot of book shelves somewhere..haha.

      Delete
  3. I love the desk, haven't seen one like it before! I love looking at art too, though I don't have a collection - but there's so much to see and learn from such displays! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts