Weekend Coffee Share.....Come Sit with Me
It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try. I have loved getting to know different bloggers and I figure if they take the time to write a post, I'll find the time to visit, even if it's a week later. I truly enjoy what you all share and I often learn so much.
Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare.
If we were having coffee we might talk about:
The weather: Our cold, brisk, dry days are gone...for now. It started raining yesterday. Some higher elevations got some snow and on my drive home it looked like there was some snow in the rain. We're only a few hundred feet above sea level so it really needs to drop for us to see some. Rain is in the forecast for the next few weeks, without many breaks.
What we're thinking about: I'm thinking about all that is coming up this month, but I'm also thinking about how much we can take our lives for granted. Not our actual physical "I'm alive" lives (insert smiley face), though that can certainly be true, but it's so easy to forget or become numb to the fact there are so many hurting and suffering. Physically, mentally, financially, relationally, and we can get so comfortable where we're at, with our own lives, that we miss the needs around us, or we forget to be grateful for where we are in life. If that makes sense.
What we're thinking about: I'm thinking about all that is coming up this month, but I'm also thinking about how much we can take our lives for granted. Not our actual physical "I'm alive" lives (insert smiley face), though that can certainly be true, but it's so easy to forget or become numb to the fact there are so many hurting and suffering. Physically, mentally, financially, relationally, and we can get so comfortable where we're at, with our own lives, that we miss the needs around us, or we forget to be grateful for where we are in life. If that makes sense.
What we're thankful for: I'm sitting here (well, I'm actually standing here at my counter trying to get steps in), thinking "did I actually focus on being thankful for anything this week". The last thing I want is to just throw words in here to fill space. Did I truly take time to have gratitude or be truly thankful for something. I never want to fill space with empty words. I don't want it to be "well she said that last week, or the week before". Sure there's things we are always thankful for, but I want to go deeper. Good food for thought.
Around the house: I'm going super simple on decor this year. I have some garland I could hang, but I don't think I will. I like what I've done so far and will keep it as it is. Now that the winter weather has set in, we probably won't do much around the outside of the house. Below are photos of our extended driveway/parking areas.
For the love of food: I'm trying my second batch of Kombucha. This flavor is pineapple/orange. I have another batch that will be ready to flavor Sunday and I think I will try apple cider with that one. Dinner was very hit and miss during the week. Hoping I'll stick to my menu this next week because I have some yummy things on the menu.
Next Saturday is our Christmas baking day. It's the only time we could get together before Christmas. I'm hoping my niece and nephew come down, and maybe my sister, but I don't know if she will. I'm working on my list of ingredients, and need to work on a cookie timeline.
What we're reading or wanting to read: Wow. I thought I had read more books in November, but I didn't. I only finished 3. I listened to two of them. Oh well. In other news, I did complete my good reads goal of reading 54 books this year! And I know I'll get at least two more done before the years out. I'll need to start thinking of my goal for next year. I also put out a request on FB for friends to recommend books for me to read again for the 12 books from 12 friends. I also started my Advent book. I think I'll like it.
What we're listening to or watching: I watched a Hallmark movie, but not much else. I am listening to an audio book called Interrupted by Jen Hatmaker. It is good, though I wish she were narrating it.
Favorite quote: Last week our theme for #WQ was "Creativity". I even tried my hand at some poetry which was fun, and definitely "creative" for me. You can find my post here.
Favorite photo(s): I didn't take many photos last week. But one thing we did and I took a few screenshots from the video...if you want to find me on Instagram, you can find the videos in the highlight labeled "entertainment". We went to see The Trans-Siberian Orchestra last Sunday. Wow. It was and wasn't what we expected. It was, however, very impressive and very good. And very unique. We enjoyed it.
Also, it was so cold out the other day, but this one didn't want her sweatshirt on because she liked her shirt and wanted to be able to see it and other people to see it. Oh boy!
Random or not so random things: Well, let's see. Guess what? In February I'm going to Hawaii (Oahu) for 5 days. My daughter and her friend took advantage of some good ticket prices and invited me to go. We're still working out details of places to stay. They have a place we can stay for nearly nothing. It's with a gal they stayed with last time, but it will be very cramped (there are four of us going)..so 3 will get a bedroom and one of us (probably me) will sleep on the couch. The gal rents rooms to traveling nurses, etc, but also opens it to others. There will be another couple staying there while we are there as well. I'm hoping we can find another option but I don't know if we will be able to...Anyone have a place on Oahu they want to let us stay at...haha! I've never been and I am looking forward to it.
Last Saturday I helped Kaitlynn do her coffee cart at Small Business Saturday. She had it outside a local shop and we did so well. This weekend she's doing a winter market and I'm doing it for her tomorrow (Sunday). I was a bit nervous, but I think I've got it down.
Items above and below of what I bought at small business Saturday. The top ones were from the store her cart was outside of, and the bottom was from a thrift store.
I've started working on Christmas cards. I've been doing them again the last few years. I was really missing the old fashioned sending of cards. Yes, it's work, but I enjoy it.
I'll end with this. If I think of anything else, I'll just write it down for next week.
Kirstin









Hi Kirstin,
ReplyDeleteYep - fall has really arrived and arguably, winter is trying to muscle in early for some of us.
Our Austree in the front yard is dumping leaves like crazy. I can blow them into a pile then 2-3 hours later, you'd never guess that I'd done so because every whisp of wind breaks thousands more free to cover our lawn and walk.
I like the arrival of December, but it's damp, cooler and gray, which doesn't inspire me much but it makes my wife crazy. She's a full sun kinda gal.
Kaitlynn's coffee business looks like fun. I hope it's successful for her. It takes some guts to start your own effort as she's done.
Stay sane for the holidays.
It sounds like you have plenty of great family moments in store.
Blessings.
I'm with your wife..though I love the seasons, I much prefer dry weather and sunshine, or at least no rain, to the gloom, but yet I don't want to live in a state that is always hot..haha. Her business is doing well and I'm proud of her.
DeleteWell done with your reading goals! I hope your accommodation plan in Oahu works out. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.
ReplyDeleteThank you Natalie. I'm looking forward to making my next goals.
Delete