Wednesday Hodgepodge....Blue Christmas?




It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. What's one fun thing on your December calendar? This Saturday we are getting together with one of my nephews, niece and hopefully my sister to bake cookies. Crossing my fingers it all works out. And then next week, the whole family is heading to Cabo for 5 days. 

2. Sherwin William's Color of the Year for 2024 is Upward, described as 'a hint of silver lining', 'a breezy blissful blue' (see sample here). Benjamin Moore's Color of the Year for 2024 is Blue Nova, where 'violet and blue come together in a sumptuous hue'. (see sample here) Valspar's Color of the Year for 2024 is Renew Blue, a balanced blue with a touch of grayed sea -green' (see sample here)

Seems like the design world is keen on the color blue for the new year. Do you have a lot of blue in your home decor currently? I have a little blue here and there, but it isn't a main color in our home. What shade? It's interesting because our office walls are Benjamin Moore Sioux Falls, which says it's a combo of sage green and slate gray, however on our wall, to my eyes, it looks more like a blue color. Here's a link to their sample colorOf the three colors listed which one's your favorite? I lean towards the Upward by Sherwin Williams, the renew blue is neat as an accent color, like they showed.  Do you need to paint? We do need to paint one area of our house. How likely is it you'd select one of these shades for your home? We probably wouldn't pick any of them. Which one? If we did, it would be Upward for sure. 


This is our guest room/office. Do you see blues or green/gray?


3. Do you struggle with 'the seasonal blues'? I struggle to some degree, but not  like most people. I just don't like all the dreary, wet, dark days. I don't become depressed, but I do notice a bit of a shift in my mood sometimes and I'm usually more tired. What are some things you do to try to beat the blues? I try to set the tone inside the house with cozy things. I like to do puzzles, read, take long baths. I try to be intentional and aware of how I'm feeling. 

4. Blue jeans...love 'em or no? I have a love/hate relationship with them. I do love them, but I'm at a point where I'm all about comfort in my clothes, so if I feel like they are constricting in any way, I won't wear them. How many pair do you own? I own two that I wear regularly. I have one pair that I wear, but they aren't always the most comfortable.  Are you married to a particular brand? Nope, whatever is the most comfortable, I'll buy. I'm not opposed to buying from the thrift store either. I'm also not hooked on "sizes". I know that one size in one brand might not fit in another brand. 

5. In terms of holiday preparation (baking, shopping, wrapping, mailing, meal planning, etc) how far along are you? 1=haven't given it a second thought, 10=nothing left to do but wait. I'm about a 5...I've gotten quite a few gifts, we are baking this weekend. I need to work on my Christmas cards and finish shopping and buying the rest of ingredients for CE dinner and whatever I'll contribute to the Christmas meal. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. We have a busy next week. We leave on the 14th for Mexico and come back on the 19th. I'm trying to get as much done as possible before we leave. I'm trying to decide what to bring. Ugghh. I'm not one who has to have a lot of clothes, but I want to be comfortable and most of my "comfortable" things are athletic clothes. I don't really want to buy anything and don't really have time to go into town to shop.

This Saturday I'm baking with my girls and a niece, nephew and hopefully my sister. I'm looking forward to it. I have a list of things to make. I'm just trying to figure out the timeline of what to do when! 

Today instead of babysitting, I'm going with my oldest and Pepper to run errands. Then home to get some stuff done. I need to really discipline myself. 

I've started an Advent journal that I bought, but I'm not sure how I'm liking it. It's good, but I wanted something a little more "light", it goes pretty deep with questions, and I've gotten frustrated a few times not knowing how to answer them. 

 With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Hi Kirstin, Cabo sounds fun! I am doing an advent journal too and it is based on music. I tend to get a little too detailed and that can keep me from moving along. Have fun with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I started, but haven't kept up...I don't know..I think it was almost too much for me..I wanted something simple. and this tends to go fairly deep. Maybe I'll work on it at my own pace and not as an advent book.

      Delete
  2. Ahh, a beach vacation sounds nice right about now! Enjoy your travels! I haven't been as intentional with Advent readings this year as I normally am. We started off the month both of us under the weather and it's thrown me off a bit. I'm slowly getting back on track. Have a great time in Cabo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be a great time. I did bring my computer but probably won't post. I figured it would be a good time to get caught up on comments, late evenings, early mornings.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a fun bake day ahead and then off for some warmth and sunshine. Sounds very nice. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun day. The warmth and sunshine is amazing too.

      Delete
  4. I think the wall looks like a blue/gray and the bookcase is a nice light green. I am loving the new jeans that have stretch built right in; it's like the best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now if they'd just make jeans with adjustable waistbands like kids..lol. The bookcase is white, but yes the lights and I think the wall, in that pic make them look green

      Delete
  5. The wall looks more blue to me and the bookcase is green - it's really pretty! The Mexico trip sounds like such a treat! Hope you're able to get everything ready and done ahead of the trip so you can truly relax and enjoy! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny. the book case is white, but when I looked again, it does look green. We did get everything ready and are enjoying a fun time.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts