Weekend Coffee Share....Come sit with me



It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try. I have loved getting to know different bloggers and I figure if they take the time to write a post, I'll find the time to visit, even if it's a week later. I truly enjoy what you all share and I often learn so much. 

Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare.

If we were having coffee we might talk about:

Hoping those who celebrated Thanksgiving had a nice time. 

The weather: Nothing worth noting. Pretty much the same as it has been. Though this next week is supposed to be dry and cold. 

What we're thinking about: Well, mostly the things that need to be done this next month. So much happening. Trying to stay organized and not stressed about any of it. Also working hard at staying healthy because we are taking a 5 day trip to Mexico in December and working extra hours. I'm also thinking about how much I need to get back to exercising. I have really slacked and I'm really noticing it. Uggh! 

I have also been thinking about how some times I have blogging FOMO. I hate missing weeks of any link parties because I feel like I'm missing out on things, even though I'll still often go and comment. 

I've also felt like I've been in a bit of a funk mood wise. I'm thankful I'm aware of it, but I don't particularly like it, and I can't completely pinpoint the reason for it. It's kind of a melancholy feeling. 

What we're thankful for: I am truly thankful for so much. Life isn't always easy and I know that it is so much harder for some than for others, it just is. I don't ever want to take things for granted, but I know it can be so easy to do so. As I go into this next month and a half, I want to go into it fully aware of all that's around me. Spreading hope, and love and joy to those I encounter. 

Around the house: We extended/widened our gravel driveway so we have more parking space and are planning on putting up 3 covered canopies from Costco. One to store some things, and the other two for our daughters car and our car. We don't have a garage and we do want to be able to keep them under cover. I keep forgetting to take a picture and now it's dark so maybe next week. 

Christmas is pretty much up. A few more things here and there, but mostly done. 


I'll post a few more photos next week. 

For the love of food: I kept it pretty simple this week. Monday we did taco soup, and on Tuesday had chicken thighs, rice and broccoli. Wednesday night hubby brought something home from New Seasons Market since I had been preparing all day for Thanksgiving. 

I prepped sourdough rolls, veggie dip, hummus, green bean casserole and cut up veggies. I also did mashed potatoes. 





What we're reading or wanting to read: I just got a new book that I pre-ordered in March. It's by Layla Palmer, from The Lettered Cottage Blog. I follow her on IG and really enjoy her. This book is going to be such a great read. The way it's put together is beautiful. She shares her journey through lifes challenges. "Anchored in hope, Coming Home bravely demonstrates how you can overcome adversity, soften to your whole self, build a place of belonging and live fully alive." 



What we're watching or listening to: I am listening to a new audiobook by Beth Moore called All My Knotted Up Life. Wow. It has me thinking how often we form opinions about people or judge people without truly knowing anything about their life. Sometimes we do this in a negative way, but sometimes we just "assume" things to be true about them. For example, Beth is very popular amongst Christian circles for her popular bible studies, as a speaker, etc. I've never actually listened to her or done her studies (not sure why, except that others were encouraged in the churches I went to)...anyways. I just formed an opinion that she must have always had an amazing life. I don't know why I would assume that. 

We did watch a few movies on Thanksgiving but I can't remember what they were called. I think they were The Holiday, and Time for him to Come Home for Christmas or something like that. 

Favorite Quote

"The trick to dealing with criticism is letting it do it's good work but forbidding it to demoralize and destroy or to embitter". ~Beth Moore

Favorite photo(s):

Someone loves olives and her great grandma. 


I made each of the littles a turkey with their names. My great nephew (same age as Pepper) didn't want to be in the pic with his. 
My FIl is one of two guys dressing up as Santa for my daughters mini Christmas shoots. He looks so good. My MIL wanted pics with all the great grandkids but Pepper wasn't impressed and wouldn't do it. 


Random or not so random things: We had a nice Thanksgiving. I believe there were 14 of us all together. Mostly family and a few added friends who didn't have places to go. We had a lot of food and it was all so good. However, I am re-thinking next year and how we spend so much time getting ready and cleaning up that some of us don't get much time to hang out with the others who are there. I'm thinking we really need to simplify things. I did watch a few movies with those who stayed longer and worked on my puzzle. But several had other places to be and so no games were played which was sad to me. I love when we play games. 




This next week at work the busy season really kicks in. We try to have more people on hand all day. I usually create some posts to help people have a better experience shipping their pacakges. 

I also know I'll be doing more ordering online for gifts so I plan to purchase some snacks to have handy for delivery drivers. Last year it went pretty good and I think it was appreciated. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Kirstin. The food looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirstin, I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. Your Christmas decorations look very nice. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the setup for the Santa photoshoot. My kid is still scared of Santa. How long did it take for your kids to not be afraid of Santa anymore?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts