Wednesday Hodgepodge
2. November 15th is also National Philanthropy Day...tell us about a charity (local or otherwise) you like to support when you're able. We don't really give to charities. We moreso have money set aside and when we hear of someone who has a need, we sow into them and that need.
3.What in nature inspires you and why? All of nature inspires me. I am always in awe of what surrounds us. Sunrises and sunsets, waterfalls, the ocean waves, or the rapids in a stream or river. The leaves changing colors, or new growth coming from the ground. The animals busy working. There is so much nature can teach us. Last year I read an Advent book called Heaven and Nature Sing by Hannah Anderson that was really good.
Sunset over lake Erie during my visit to Kelley's Island in October.
4. What's something you own that makes you feel cozy? I'm going to go with warm loungers and our propane fireplace.
5. Who did you thank today? I thanked the baristas who served me coffee. Who thanked you? The grandkids after I gave them their ornaments. I buy them a new one every year.
6. Insert your own random thought here. It's currently Wednesday night, 11:30 PST and I'm still awake. Which is not good since I need to wake up at 5:30, but I'm having some shoulder blade discomfort that is making lying down not fun. I'll probably try again soon, or sleep in the recliner, so I figured, since I can't sleep, I'll finish my post.
We drove home today from our trip to Leavenworth, Wa (not sure if I mentioned that last week). It's a 4 hour drive. We stopped at a Costco on the way back to see if they had their organic turkeys...they did. We grabbed a few other things and then headed out. I put together a Safeway grocery pickup order on the way home so that we could get that too (I hadn't gone shopping before we left). We got home, hubby went to bank and to pick up groceries and I unpacked and organized. After I got groceries put away, I had a list of things to accomplish, and I'm so glad I stayed focused and got it all done.
What did I accomplish?
*Put in a load of laundry (which are still in dryer, but hey)
*Flavored my Kombucha and started a new batch. Praying this turns out.
*Made hummus, hard boiled eggs, and hamburger patties for hubby's lunches
*Made a loaf of banana bread with some bananas that were at their end.
Phew. I took a nice epsom salt bath, and now I can't sleep even though I really want to be snuggled in my bed.
The grandkids came over today and my youngest daughter took pics of them in front of her Christmas set. I gave them their ornaments and they headed back down the hill for Indy's Christmas program practice.
We had a great time in Leavenworth. We did some exploring but no hiking as my hubby has been battling some Plantar Fasciitis and it's starting to feel better so he didn't want to push it.
Me trying to do what I love....photography...I haven't gotten my camera out much and sometimes when I do I get discouraged and just pull out my phone instead.







Sounds like a lovely week! Hope you were able to get some sleep. So impressive that you can put together a coherent post at 11:30?! Enjoy that kombucha:)
ReplyDeleteThat view is stunning! I buy my girls, sons-in-law, and my grands all new ornaments every year. I like coming up with something that makes me think of them...a hobby or interest or somewhere they went, etc. It's one of my favorite things to shop for at Christmas. You got a lot done!! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDelete