Wednesday Hodgepodge




It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. Does anybody really know what day it is? Haha..nope. Last Friday I thought it was Thursday all day at work. After I had left work, my coworker (who is also my boss) called and said "is there a reason mail forwarding didn't go out today"...I paused, thought about it, laughed and said "yep, because I totally thought it was Thursday"..she laughed too, because, well, she's done the same thing from time to time. I love her. Yes, she's my boss, and coworker (we work 2 days together), but she's also my son in laws aunt, so, I suppose we sometimes joke that we're kind of family.  Last week we skipped the Hodgepodge and I just assumed this week would find us in December, but nope. Still November. I think we will be "off" on days for the rest of the year.  

1. Do you wear a watch? I now wear a Fit Bit to track my steps and do use it to check the time, but for many many years I did not. Watches always stopped working when I wore them. I tried everything from putting clear nail polish on the back, etc. And they weren't always comfortable.  Use a paper calendar or strictly electronic? I LOVE planners. I have always LOVED paper planners, however, it was getting difficult to take them with me everywhere especialy when I downsized my purse. So I went to digital. I am LOVING my Artful Agenda Planner, that I have on both my phone and computer. AND I can decorate it with fun covers, stickers, etc. It has list section and they're rolling out some cool stuff soon (like a habit tracker). Here's the link, and a code ( RK89530)
 you want to try it. I find it much easier to track things, change things, etc.  What's your favorite hour of the day? I don't think I have a favorite hour...but I like the first thing in the morning. Why? I love the moments after everyone else has left the house and I have some time to myself. 

2. Tell us something about how you celebrated the Thanksgiving holiday. This year we hosted it at our house (which was very hard on my MIL who has always been the one hosting...but my hubby and oldest felt like our house was bigger for the amount of people we were having over. While we didn't play any games (several people had to leave sooner than later to go to other homes), we did watch a few movies and I worked on my puzzle after everyone left. The food and conversation were good, however, I found that I felt like we spent so much time getting food ready and then cleaning it all up that we didn't get to spend as much time together. Maybe it was that because we had more space and everyone was spread out, it just "felt" that way. Maybe people did spend good time together..some went outside, others watched football, but because I was in a room further away I didn't fully notice or engage with EVERYONE. I worked on Friday.


3. What's a sound you hate to hear? I'll chuckle with this one...the sound of people saying "are you open today?" after I physically answered the phone at work....like why else would I be there answering phones. I want to say "no, I just didn't have anything better to do so I thought I'd come come, sit and answer the phone...and dumb questions"...(sorry). I don't "hate" it, but it drives me crazy. I think they just don't know what to say when someone picks up. Some people will say "oh, good, you are open". Now THAT is the right thing to say! Anyways.....sounds...oh, I know. I HATE the sound of coyotes. It's so creepy...and bats! 

4. Where do you not mind waiting?  Oh boy...do I even mind waiting? Haha!! Let's see. 

5. I really wish my mom were still here. She's been gone almost 20 years, but boy, this time of year I really wish she was still here. What fun we could be having. I wish my dad were still here too, but our relationship was more complicated. I also really wish (pray) for restoration with my sister and our relationship. I wish my physical body would quit having stupid aches and pains every time I get it in my head to get back on track with exercise. So annoying.  

6. Insert your own random thought here. Let's see. We already talked about Thanksgiving above. I worked Friday. On Saturday, I spent the day with my oldest daughter outside an adorable shop in the next town over from where she lives, for small business Saturday. She had her coffee cart set up, and we made coffees and talked to people non-stop throughout the day. We each took a break once to browse a few shops ourselves when customers started to dwindle. I visited a thrift store for two items, and then the shop she was outside of for a few more. 


Sunday night my hubby and I went to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra. I don't know what I was expecting, but wow. It was REALLY good. Impressive, put together with so much choreography to the music. We laughed and rolled our eyes a few times at the "dramatic showy" aspect of it. Plus many of them had to be our age (mid 50's) and they had their "rocker" clothes and long hair. But we did enjoy it. We didn't get to sleep that night til midnight. 



I mean....I'm more of a pop, contemporary, country music liking girl...but this was very good, albeit somewhat odd at times. 

This is our busy season at work, so I will begin working part of the day on my Tuesdays off. Today (Tuesday when I'm typing this), I was supposed to have a mattress delivered for our wall bed, but it never got put on their schedule...uggh. So hopefully tomorrow. I put a text in to the gals telling them to let me know when they want me there. We have almost 300 mailboxes at our store, not to mention all the shipping we do. We are slammed this time of year, and our boxholders like to shop! Amazon alone delivered 74 packages yesterday! I have put out a "treat spot" for the delivery drivers that come to our house. I know it's their job, but they get slammed this time of year and often have to deal with poor work scheduling and grumpy customers. 



I'll leave it at this for now. Gotta have material for my weekend coffee share. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I need to get my treat box out too. It was well used last year. Thanksgiving is a lot of cooking for a single meal. I enjoyed being in the kitchen with my daughter this year. She was in charge and I was sous chef which was fun. I've heard the Trans Siberian show is great, but we've never seen it. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's nice that people do that for the delivery drivers. I mean, the ones hired just for the season sometimes annoy me but I'd give gifts to my normal Fedex guy; he's always really nice and he knows us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful idea to leave those busy delivery guys a treat. I only have two more deliveries coming next week and they will be done trying to find our house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the idea of the treat box. I should try to come up with a way to do it in our Wisconsin weather.
    Enjoyed seeing your family. :-)
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. That digital calendar app you use sounds wonderful! Thanks for the recommendation. It really sounds like you had quite a busy week. I also completely understand you miss your Mom more this time of year. I really wish our loved ones could all be with us for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea giving snacks to the delivery drivers. I'm already done shopping so I'll try and remember this for next year. Enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your answer about sounds you hate - that made me laugh!! How fun that you saw TSO! We LOVE them and have seen their concerts quite a few times and it's kind of a holiday tradition now, even though we can't go every year. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So enjoyed all your answers. I love Trans Siberian and can imagine their concert is "something else!" Blessings abundant this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank goodness

    Happy to have my boyfriend back after 3 months of breakup,

    Get Your Lover Back & Avoid breakup,

    Help That Really Work Fast,

    Contact him for Relationship/marital problem,

    [ R.buckler11@gmail.com ],

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts