Tuesday Four.....Thanksgiving


Thankful

  


It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea. Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author.We keep Toni Taddeo's original idea alive here with 4 questions each week to get you blogging, visiting and  learning about yourself and other bloggers.   The more people join in, the merrier and the better it gets. We are always looking for topics, subjects and ideas so feel free to chime in if you have ideas. 

Thanksgiving Day is about here. Let's talk about the holiday and thankfulness.

1. Whether you are from the USA or not, thankfulness is beneficial to a nation and people.  Is it a natural thing for you to think of being thankful or is it something you must be reminded about? I am naturally given to being thankful. 

2.  Plimoth Plantation is the site of the original settlement and everything is authentic to the 1600's including how they speak. Have you been to Plymouth Rock?  Yes, and I must say I was a bit disappointed. Haha! I don't know what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't what I saw. I get how time, erosion, etc play a part. But still. There should be warning signs...prepare to be disappointed...it's not what you think.  How about the Plimoth Plantation (yes that is the proper spelling). We did not visit there. Would you like to go visit these places?   We were there last October, though only for a short time so we didn't see much. I wish we had. I was fascinated by the fact that I was seeing it spelled two different ways and that both are correct. In fact this makes me think I need to go edit my blog post that I recently finished. I didn't mention the spelling difference. Thanks for the reminder.   What places are you thankful for having seen?  I am so thankful for the many places I've been able to see. Switzerland, Italy, various US states. I know that not everyone is able to or even wants to.     

This is where the Plymouth Rock is viewed...I was thinking HUGE! However, look below. That is what met my eye. 


Above info on the area. 
This is either the Mayflower replica or the Mayflower II replica. I can't remember. 

3. Do you tune into the Macy's Parade ? No,  not really. I would watch it, but usually the gals are cooking and the guys are all watching football. 

4. What will you be eating on Thanksgiving Day this year? This year we are having the usual...turkey, stuffing, gravy, my from scratch Green Bean Casserole, mashed potatoes, my MIL is making a dumpling called Knupfli (sp?) and we'll also have rolls, some veggies and dip, and a few other things. 




With Joy Unquenchable,

Comments

  1. oh wow, You would think Plymouth rock would be bigger. Photos are beautiful. Your meal sounds like ours. Macys Day Parade is still a tradition and this year my cousin from Texas Tech will be marching, so definitely will watch

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome that you saw the Plymouth Rock. Enjoyed reading your answers. I used to like the parade but with the show tunes now I don't enjoy it as much anymore. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once wanted to see Italy. I had a pen pal from there and we talked about meeting. That was years ago. I plan to prepare my stuffing and sweet potatoes on Wednesday. Then heat in the oven on Thursday. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am going to say I have "seen" Plymouth rock and not bother going to see it. I would if I were up there I suppose. Your travels sound nice. I wish I would have those opportunities in my life. Maybe later, but it seems like all of our money goes to bills. UGH. Enjoy your food at Thanksgiving! Loved your answers! Have a nice week. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ... we also visited Plymouth Rock. I can relate to what you shared in your post. ;-)
    Enjoy your Thanksgiving,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...it's a rock.. and you have seen it!

    It was nice to see the photos. Thanks for sharing.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts