Tuesday Four: Hollywood


Hooray for Hollywood!




It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea. Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author.We keep Toni Taddeo's original idea alive here with 4 questions each week to get you blogging, visiting and  learning about yourself and other bloggers.   The more people join in, the merrier and the better it gets. We are always looking for topics, subjects and ideas so feel free to chime in if you have ideas. 

Hollywood magic is well named. In Druidism the holly and it's wood were used in magic. Magic wands were often made of holly wood.   Lightning will not strike holly so it is often planted next to homes to protect it. The word holly comes from the word holy and the holly tree was sacred in times past.  Today Hollywood still churns out 'magic' and 'spellbinding' displays as well as 'stars in the firmament' who entertain, mesmerize and influence us. 

Let's talk about it....

1.  Do you have a few favorite holiday movies you enjoy watching year after year? Yes, and make that a plural favorite..I have several that I will watch each year. Eloise at Christmastime, The Most wonderful Time of the Year, Christmas with Holly, Miracle on 34th St. (the new version). There are probably others as well, but those I always watch. Do you make some popcorn to eat while you watch movies at home? I do love popcorn and will make some periodically. I have an air popper, and love to top it with coconut oil, salt and I add nutritional yeast to mine. 

2.  Have you had a celebrity crush? I suppose...though I don't ever think of them as crushes. Can we ask who it was? Patrick Swayze when I was younger, Matthew McConaughey (and for the life of me, I always have to look up how he spells his name), now interestingly, it isn't always because of his movies, and I joke that he's good looking only depending on the movies he does...haha. I just like him (and his wife) as people. I also really like Michael Symon the chef.  

3.  Do you have  favorite actors/actresses whose movies you don't want to miss and what movie would you say is your all time favorite from those stars? Oh boy. I am not a huge fan of movies, BUT I do like movies with Denzel Washington (John Q), Sandra Bullock (I did like her in the Blind side, even though the true story is getting flack), Julia Roberts (Wonder), Matt Damon (the martian and We Bought a Zoo), Tom Hanks (A man Called Otto, Castaway). I'm sure there are others. 

4. Have you met any famous Hollywood people in person or would you like to? I don't think so.  Why or why not? Probably because if I did, I didn't recognize them. We joke that I could be standing next to someone famous and not even know it. Plus, I live in an area where famous people don't typically come and "wander around". 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Interesting answers. It's funny I've never heard of the movies you mention except for Miracle on 34th Street but I like the original with Maureen O'Hara and a young Natalie Wood. Merry Christmas 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like some of the actors you mentioned too, but not enough to watch their movies just bc they are in it. My favorite movies are comedies or thrillers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness

    Happy to have my boyfriend back after 3 months of breakup,

    Get Your Lover Back & Avoid breakup,

    Help That Really Work Fast,

    Contact him for Relationship/marital problem,

    [ R.buckler11@gmail.com ],

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts