Wednesday Hodgepodge
2. Do you care where the food you eat comes from? Yes, I do care where the food I eat comes from. To what degree? To the degree that I can manage and afford. I would love to buy all my meats and produce from local farmers, but my budget doesn't allow for that so I do what I can with the knowledge and finances I have. I pay attention to ingredients. I try to buy organic or local when possible. I get my eggs from friends with chickens. I can't control everything but I do my best.
3. What's something you wish you'd spent more time doing when you were younger? Learning different skills. I kind of wished I'd learned to sew, to preserve foods. I wish I'd spent more time once I was out of college developing deeper friendships, I wish I'd spent more time teaching my girls things when they were young.
4. Let's play autumn this or that....pumpkin spice or apple cider? Pumpkin Spice. Corn maze or haunted house? Definitely corn maze. Horror film or Hallmark movie? Hallmark movie all the way. Blanket or sweatshirt? That depends...sweatshirt if I'm outside, blanket if I'm inside. Watch football or watch the World Series? Neither. Can I play games with someone while the games are on. Foliage-red, yellow or orange? Oh gosh!!!! I can't choose. All of them together.
5. This time last year where were you and what were you doing? I was in the New England States catching all the fall foliage and enjoying all the states with my hubby on our 10 day trip. I started some posts on this, but I haven't quite finished...haha. I think I've gotten up to day 7, but I have 3 or 4 more days to go.
6. Insert your own random thought here. I probably won't be posting to the Hodgepodge the next few weeks. I'm heading out next Tuesday for Ohio to visit family and I get back the following Tuesday, then my grandkids arrive Wednesday of that week and will be staying with us for 3 nights. Phew, I'm going to be tired. My aunt and uncle own a vineyard and wine tasting room in Northern Ohio on Lake Erie's Kelleys Island and I'm hopefully going to get to help with the harvest. I say hopefully because it all depends on the grapes. Either way I'll enjoy some great time with my aunts and uncles.
October is a busy month...I'm also helping at my son in laws family's pumpkin patch. I've done this for the last at least 10 years and I love it. I kind of feel like I overbooked myself, but I can't do anything about that now.
I'm really wanting a slower fall/winter season, but I'm not sure that is going to happen. I've got a few events I'm helping my daughter with for her coffee cart, which will be fun of course. While October is busy, maybe I can squeeze a slower November. December is busy at work and we are taking a family vacation to Mexico which will be nice.
Speaking of her coffee cart, I helped her at a Vintage Barn sale last weekend and really enjoyed it.



October is jam-packed for us too!
ReplyDeleteSome months are just like that
DeleteEnjoyed reading your answers. I do believe we have to pay attention to the food we eat. Safe travels to you.
ReplyDeleteThank you Debby.
Delete