Tuesday 4.....Art
Art
It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea. Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author.We keep Toni Taddeo's original idea alive here with 4 questions each week to get you blogging, visiting and learning about yourself and other bloggers. The more people join in, the merrier and the better it gets. We are always looking for topics, subjects and ideas so feel free to chime in if you have ideas. Welcome!
1. Are you artistic in any way and if so, how so? Knitting, crochet, drawing, painting, writing lovely word art, home décor, lovely meals? It's interesting because I guess I never really thought of myself as artistic, and honestly only though of "artistic" in terms of drawing and painting, and everything else as "creative". But when I looked up definitions, that was not the case.
Artistic is defined as "having or revealing natural creative skill, good at drawing, or painting, or arranging things in a beautiful way. Things such as painting, sculpture, printmaking, drawing, decorative arts, photography, etc, are examples of "art".
Creative is defined as "relating or involving the imagination or original ideas. Having or showing an ability to make new things or think of new ideas"...though really, are there any "new ideas". innovative, imaginative, pioneering. etc.
There are many ways to be artistic. So, with all that said, I still don't know if I'd consider myself artistic. I can do things, but I don't know that I do them to a degree that would catch someones eye, that makes it go from average to a wow, noticeable factor. I know how to cross stitch or do embroidery. I love photography, cooking and baking. I love writing things.
Now this is where I wouldn't say I'm artistic, BUT, I did step out of my comfort zone and try painting when I went to a couple paint and sips. I enjoyed myself and was actually somewhat pleased with myself.
I created the above embroidery piece in 2020. It was stamped embroidery which I find I'm enjoying much more now than counted cross stitch. I don't seem to have the patience for that anymore.
I love taking photos. The above was taken in a cottage garden in Switzerland.
I have a desire to get better at food photography, so I've been practicing. I love cooking and photographing what I cook so I would like to become more creative and artistic in learning how to style it etc...
A few years ago, my daughter asked me to make a dessert for a dessert auction their youth group was having. I made this popular brownie Tart, but to make it more eye catching, I added some fun chocolate accents. It went for over $200.
2. Does any art hang on your walls or grace your tables or shelves at home? I do. I like art that speaks to me or is personal. How about your front door or windows.. what about your yard? I don't have anything on our doors right now, or windows, or in our yard...maybe someday.
My son in laws cousin is an amazing artist, and my girls had her do these two photos of them with each of my parents. She used a colored pencil medium.
While on our trip to Maine, we discovered this artist, Kris Kristiansen near the Portland lighthouse. We bought these three from him. The bottom was a self portrait. For now they sit on a table, but hopefully will end up on one of our walls in our office possibly. He recently has had some medical issues that may keep him from painting, and that is sad because you could see how he truly loved what he did.
I have had this piece of art hanging up forever...I think we got it not long after we were married. It is a favorite. I feel like it's timeless.
4. Home décor can be art. When you bought things for your home did you plan out the décor or did it all just fall together. Was there a theme? I always say my home is hodgepodge. I don't really have a theme. I buy things that catch my eye, that draw me to it. I think I lean towards, farmhouse, vintage style...it just depends...haha.
If you are interested in learning about art, may I recommend Sister Wendy from the BBC? Her lecture series on art is available on YouTube HERE and are quite enlightening and entertaining. She will help you see art in a brand new way.
.jpg)





Thanks for sharing this amazing and informative post with us i found this helpful for Love and Relationship services. Love is the most integral part of our lives and emotions. Even though love is what makes the world go around, millions of people have either given up on.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteWow.. great art in your home! That dessert if pure art and I bet super delicious!
ReplyDeleteThank you
DeleteLove that little box.
ReplyDeleteLove it
DeleteI enjoyed my visit Kirstin. That brownie tart looks really good! I need to take better pictures. I really need a new camera to do that! I agree with you regarding musical artist.
ReplyDeleteThank you Susan!!
DeleteI think you did a great job of making 'artistic' looking food and your paintings are a wonderful start. I too want to learn to paint at some point.
ReplyDelete!Thank you
Delete