Wednesday Hodgepodge





It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. What's your earliest memory? Oh man. I really do not have a great memory of childhood. I do remember loving to play outside in our big yard on the swing set we had, or going to my grandparents houses. I recently saw a reel on Facebook that talked about childhood memories and why we may not be able to remember them. It was interesting, and I can see how any type of childhood trauma could contribute to it. Obviously there can be other reasons, but at least 2 of the 4 reasons he gave fit my childhood, mostly from my dad. Criticizing, yelling, etc..fighting with my mom. 

2. What's something about you today that the old you would find surprising? That I wouldn't have my parents around anymore (I know not directly about me, but it's the first thing that popped in my head). I just always thought they'd be around forever. And perhaps that we would no longer be involved with the church we were a part of for so many years.  

3. Do you like to fish? I used to enjoy fishing with my dad, though I didn't like cleaning them.  Are you a fish eater? I do love fish! Favorite fish (to eat)? I love most any fish! Bass, cod, halibut, perch, are favorites.  Favorite way to prepare fish? It all depends on the fish. I'm not good at frying things, so I only eat fried fish when we go out. I do like breading and either air frying or baking fish. I have a few recipes for fish on my From my Kitchen page. I did have fish on my menu for tonight, but I'm behind on some things so I think I'll save it for another day.

4. What's your biggest first world problem? Needing another car, and our water filter system is having issues.

5. What one word would you use to describe your year thus far?  Consistent.

6. Insert your own random thought here. I'm so behind on so many things when it comes to blogging...posting, commenting. Uggh. 

Monday we took the family to a rented pool through Swimply. If you haven't heard of it, it's a site where people post their swimming pools for rent. Some are basic, and some are really really nice. Prices are usually per hour and some have add ons. We added on the use of pool toys and the grill. The host was so kind and the pool was far enough away from the house, you didn't feel like you were intruding. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Swimply? That is so interesting..and a bit funny. I am always surprised at what is available to do/to rent/to borrow out there! Looks like fun though! And a biggest first world problem - now that is an interesting question. Not exactly sure of my answer but I would like a second car!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great thing.Wow...I realized how behind I've been on commenting. Yikes.

      Delete
  2. I don't have a lot of memories either because my mother was an alcoholic so I have a lot of blocked memories. I enjoyed reading your answers and your random sounds like it was a lot of fun. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...I realized how behind I've been on commenting. Yikes. My dad drank so I think my memories were blocked too

      Delete
  3. I, too, have no recollection of several childhood years. I'm going to look for that reel you cite; that stuff fascinates me.
    Swimply sounds like a win-win for families who don't want to deal with the maintenance and cost of owning their own 'cement pond.' (I speak from experience, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one but it would be nice to remember the good things.Wow...I realized how behind I've been on commenting. Yikes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts