Taking in Life around me......#sundaystills Theme: Hints of autumn



This #sundaystills challenge is hosted by Terri from Second Wind LeisureIt's a great themed photography challenge that you'll enjoy. I love seeing the other participants interpretation of the theme each week...it causes me to think outside the box. I joined in hopes of it pushing me to get out and take more photos...I have to some degree, but I also like that Terri is okay with us finding photos in our archives, which is also a lot of fun. So check out my photos and then head over to Terri's page to participate or visit other's posts. There are some awesome contributors who always inspire me.

Wow...last week, I just could not get it together to share a post. 

This weeks theme is "hints of autumn" and while we are still experiencing some VERY hot days here in SW Washington, there are signs that fall/autumn is around the corner. I always call it fall. Though autumn sounds prettier. The nights and mornings have a chill to them before the warmth of the day sets in. I love summer with it's warmth and long days but we haven't had rain in awhile and I'm not a fan of temps in the hundreds, so I'm now ready for fall. 



When the kids and I were on a walk last week, this spot in the sidewalk reminded me of the coming fall weather. Fruit falling from trees, Leaves turning colors. 
A few weeks ago we had friends up for dinner and they brought me this beautiful bouquet of flowers. They all scream "fall is coming". Some of my favorites! 
On one of our walks down our road, this lone leaf was just sitting there asking to be photographed. 
Harvesting of all the gardens bounty is often a sign that fall is on the way, depending on what is being grown. Last September when I met up with Marsha and Terri, we visited the Ft. Vancouver Historical site, and in the kitchen area (one of my favorites), these onions were hanging up

Annnndd...nothing says, it's almost fall, but not quite, like an iced Pumpkin Spice white mocha. 
Anything that blooms yellow or orange just reminds me of fall especially if they even remotely look like what a sunflower might look like. 






With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Beautiful shots that show us that Autumn is very close! I read that "fall" is the time leaves actually are falling, whereas Autumn is the season. I'm already enjoying some pumpkin spice flavors. Love those black-eyed Susans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh. I'm so far behind in commenting . Lol. Thanks Terri

      Delete
  2. That lone leaf seems sad. The bouquet of flowers dors ubdeed scream fall. Hope the weather cools off for you. Bernie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it does doesn't it.Wow...I realized how behind I've been on commenting. Yikes.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kirstin, your images show the start of autumn and it seems like it's been hot lately! I really don't know the taste of pumpkin spice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!Wow...I realized how behind I've been on commenting. Yikes. Is pumpkin spice not a thing there? It's just a mix of a variety of spices, I guess that you would use to make a pumpkin pie with because honestly there's no pumpkin in it, hmmm now you're making me think

      Delete
  4. Such pretty photos - and, yes, signs of the season. It is coming. I found a beautiful red leaf this morning:) Not sure why but I was surprised. But I guess fall really is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had pumpkin spice! I love it when the leaves start to turn, and you get some beautiful autumn colours in nature, more than we do I think, unless we go to public gardens or arboretums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the second one who commented never having pumpkin spice. Interesting.

      Delete
  6. You definitely hit the highlights of this time of changing seasons. The flowers you received as a gift are such a stunning collection of fall flowers! I hope they lasted a while so you could enjoy them while staying cool inside. I haven't had anything pumpkin spice in awhile, but I bet if I stop at any coffee shop in our area soon it'll be a highlighted beverage for sure. I hope the Autumn season treats you kindly and that you get out to enjoy many more walks before the snow flies. Our maple trees are starting to turn colors...cooler temps are around the corner!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts