Putting Fingers to Keyboard....#WQ Theme: Fun



It's another week of  Wednesday Quotes, hosted by Marsha from Always Write. If you're interested in joining, you can find more about #WQ here.

This weeks theme is fun! I almost didn't get a post up. I don't know what the deal is, but it's just been a struggle lately to sit and get posts finished, along with other things that need to be done. But for me, I love blogging and posting...It's a creative outlet and, yes, I find it fun. 


One thing that is fun for me is finding murals around the various cities I'm in. I've always loved them, but Natalie, from Natalie the Explorer got me even more determined to search them out, along with other public art. This one above is in downtown Longview, Wa. 

Enjoy the quotes I found along with some fun photos.


We don't get do-overs on today so we truly should make the most of them and find a way to enjoy as many of them as we can. 


The good ole' county fairs are always fun! Whether you go on the rides or not, there's so much to do, see and experience. 

I thought this was a good perspective. Is it possible to bring an element of fun into everything we try and do? Perhaps. It might not be appropriate in some situations, but if at all possible, and appropriate, why not! 

In July, our boss and one of the other co-workers (who have been family friends for years), take the same week off for a camping trip. My other co-worker and I joked that if they were going to go off and have fun, then we'd just have a party...we've done this for 3 years now, and it's hilarious. We decorate, this year we dressed up. We still get our work done, but we add some extra fun to it. The customers love it and they joke with our boss that they'll keep an eye on us. 



 How true this statement is. My mother in law is a great example of this...she's such a kid at heart, and I think my mom would've been the same way. I want to be this way. 

This past Monday, we rented a swimming pool through Swimply and took the family and some friends. Everyone had so much fun, adults and kids alike. 

I realize that joy and fun are two different things, but I still really liked this quote. 

I spied this van outside of work...how "fun" is that! It sure made me smile. 
For many years, my MIL would use this ventriloquist dummy (Davy) to entertain kids at camps and church. She had so much fun and I know she brought great joy to many others. Last week, she parted with him, giving him to a couple who do traveling shows. Cowboy Buck and Elizabeth are their names.
Playing games with my grandkids or pretty much doing anything with them is always fun! Well, almost always...sometimes we have hard days, but we still try and make it fun. 



This kid, at 5, loves riding his dirt bike. He has so much fun doing it. I have fun watching him. 

When I have an opportunity to help my daughter with a photo shoot, or do anything with my daughters, it's fun for me, and brings me great joy. 

Bouncy houses are always a fun treat. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Your pictures are so compelling, Kirstin. That's my word this year, and you have done a great job of illustrating what that means. Your MIL does sound like such a winner and great role model. How fun that she has a dummy, and even more that she gave him a new home where he will reach more lives. Great post, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun and joy in this post! The "element of fun" reminds me of Mary Poppins, and her way of making every chore into a game! Thanks for sparking that memory!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts