Wednesday Hodgepodge


It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.

1. August 8th is National Cat Day. Do you own a cat? Not anymore. I had one growing up and we had an outdoor cat from about 2014-2021. He disappeared. Are you a 'cat person'? I do like cats but I don't like cat hair on everything. haha.  Your favorite 'famous' cat? Hmmm..I love Tigger, Hello Kitty. 

Blitz....my daughter brought him home from the farm...I told her that when she got married, he went with her...well, that didn't happen, and he stayed with us. 

This was my cat Abby. My dad didn't like cats, but my sister and I brought two home anyways, and he soon fell in love. 

2. Cat nap-copycat-scaredy cat-curiosity killed the cat-cat got your tongue-like herding cats...which cat phrase applies to your life in some way currently? Explain. Oh boy! I could sure use a cat nap right about now...lol. So I'll go with that. I'm tired all of a sudden, though I think I know the culprit today. It will be interesting to see if I feel this way tomorrow. I've been doing a 30 days to healthy living with Arbonne and just starting week two. A few of the things we're avoiding is sugar and caffeine...I've done fine with no caffeine actually, and even the sugar, but today I went to a friends house to visit and she had. made banana bread and blueberry muffins...I had a slice of bread and a muffin, and a cup of chai tea (not sure if that has caffeine), anyways, I am not feeling very tired, and I haven't really felt that way during the whole first week. So I'll see what happens tomorrow and how I feel. 

3. What's your favorite or most- often-made one pot meal? Taco soup, and tomato tortellini soup are the most popular that I make in one pan.

4. What do you wish you'd placed in a time capsule fifteen years ago? Yikes, that's a hard one. I think it would've been fun to be "thinking ahead" back then, and put some things in there that were memories of my mom..maybe a recipe, photos, note, a small momento. Fifteen years ago was 3 years after she died. 

5. Your favorite hour of the day? Boy, I'm not sure I have a favorite. I do like the time between when my hubby goes to work and I go to work. Tell us why. I like a quiet house, to just do whatever, catch up on blog stuff, prep dinner. 

6. Insert your own random thought here.  No grandkids this week as they are all at youth camp. My girls literally grew up going to youth camp and loved it, now my grandkids are going (they're only 5 and 2 1/2 so not as campers), their mom and dad are there as leaders so they get to go and have fun. Tomorrow I'm picking my inlaws up from the airport and then I think I'll just stay around home. I plan to make some fajitas and I'm going to experiment with making some brown rice tortillas (on the 30 days, we're steering clear of gluten too). I'm thinking I'll work on a post from our big trip to the east coast last year..Uggghhh, clearly I'm way behind. 

Sunday we took our grandson to the County Fair in the morning and then his mom, dad and little sister came after church. We had a fun day. We walked around, ate yummy food, he went on rides and then we brought him home with us while his mom, dad and sister went to walk through the commercial buildings. 

Not the fair, but on Saturday we also watched the kids while my daughter had an event with her coffee cart and their dad went with her. We picked them up and then took them to a frozen yogurt place  before heading back to our house. 


She was still two small to go on rides but we did the carousel twice. 
This kid....to the far right of the swing...wanted to go on the swing ride (kid version of it...it still went fairly high) by himself. 

I've made some progress on the puzzle but not much. There are so many similar colors and patterns that I just have no idea how to separate them and where to start. This may be the first puzzle I give up on, but I don't want to give up on it. Many of you mentioned it would make a great gift idea...here's the link to the one I bought. They have several other mysteries to solve as well. 

Maybe tomorrow I'll spend some time just sitting and reading my book club book. I have so many books on my shelf to read. A friend gave me four and I'm just not that fast of a reader. I need to be more intentional with reading. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I just went to Amazon to look at the puzzle - that is so cool!!! I have never heard of a mystery puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about ready to tear my hair out, but I did make some progress last night.

      Delete
  2. I have got to do more reading! Somehow I can't seem to stick to a book and finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved reading, but I seem to be the only one in the family who does.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the link for the puzzle. I know my mom will like this. :-)
    I have a stack of books too. I am looking forward to reading more as the season's change.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a tricky one, but it's good.

      Delete
  4. I always have a stack of books. So many books, so little time. I have blogged about some trips we've made in the last couple of years but I would like to make a couple of photo books to have too. I'm currently working on a scrapbook for my daughter from her wedding (2+ years ago). You're not the only one who's behind. I'm hoping to give it to her for her birthday in September so that's motivating. It's a surprise and I'm sure she's not expecting it now lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many books on my kindle, I know I'll never read them all. Yes, I want to make photo books too.

      Delete
  5. I’m far behind on reading too…but that’s life. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes life just happens and we can't quite get to reading.

      Delete
  6. I live in a no pet building. I miss not having a cat. Like your story of your cat. Fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cat photos and the fun with grands shots, too. That's nice that your kids take the time to be leaders at camp. Camp was a good experience for me. I only went a couple years. A lot of hodgepodgers went with Cat Nap! Totally forgot about Hello Kitty. Hope the rest of the week goes smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen. They love camp and since we were youth pastors when they were little, they've been going to youth camps their entire lives.

      Delete
  8. Cat looks cute. Your soup sounds yummy. Hope the grandkids had fun at camp. The Fair looks like it was fun. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts