Weekend Coffee Share...Come sit with me



It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try. I have loved getting to know different bloggers and I figure if they take the time to write a post, I'll find the time to visit, even if it's a week later. I truly enjoy what you all share and I often learn so much. 

Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare.

If we were having coffee or tea we'd probably talk about:

The weather: It's been in the 80's and 90's. Fire season has started. There have been several brush fires, and there's a very large fire that's been going on since Tuesday night at a large commercial facility, Nippon Dynawave in Longview, Wa. Depending on the wind we have smelled the smoke, and our daughter who lives 10 minutes from there can smell it really bad and says the air is just terrible.  Hopefully they can get it under wraps soon. 




What we're thinking about: I've been thinking about the quote "there are three sides to every story. Your side, my side and the truth and no one is lying". We all look at things from the lens of our beliefs, experiences, etc. another version mentions that the truth lies in the middle of your version and mine. I really think this is true for the most part. So if we were having coffee, I'd ask you your thoughts on this. 

What we're thankful for:  I'm Thankful for my inlaws. They are amazing people and I hit the jackpot. They are incredible parents, grandparents, great grandparents and friends to those around them. 

Around the house: Not much since last week...well, nothing new or different. The same stuff! We did get some new cushions for our outdoor chairs, now I just have to repaint the chairs. We got them on Amazon and they come in many patterns. They're really comfortable. These chairs are so old. A friend gave them to us years ago. They are in amazing shape, except two spots where my daughters dog chewed on them. 


What we're reading or wanting to read: I'm still plugging away at The Charm School. It's going fine..I'm only about 16% done. I'll probably have to check it out again (I'm reading it on the Libby app through my library). A friend came to work yesterday and gave me two books to read. The Maid and The Book of Lost Words. I can't wait to start one of them. We haven't picked a new book club read yet.



What we're listening to or watching: I just finished the audiobook, I guessed I haven't learned that yet.  So good! I've making bookmarks as I listen to books, then I go back and type out the thoughts from those bookmarks that stood out to me.  I also started the book The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit by Michael Finkel. I'm on 23% done with that one. So interesting. 

For the love of food: August first my daughter, myself and about 5 others are going to do a 30 days to healthy living program through Arbonne, so one day last week I made a plan approved dinner of Cilantro Lime chicken Kabobs (though I didn't do kababs). That turned out really good. I roasted the veggies in the oven and cooked the chicken in a cast iron skillet. Another night I made a roast with potatoes, carrots and onion. That turned out amazing. I need to buy another one of those roasts. I also made wings one night. Here is the post that has the parmesan garlic sauce recipe I use. SO SO good. I also made homemade hummus twice with Pepper and it turned out really good. When I make it, I always ask myself "why don't I make this more often". It's so easy.


Favorite Quote: I just couldn't pull together a post for #WQ this week, but I did find one quote before realizing it just wasn't going to happen. 


I thought this one was interesting. I think that sometimes a mismatch can end up being a match and maybe we should always look for everything to perfectly match up. 

Favorite photo(s):  I don't know about a favorite photo..I didn't really take many, but I did get this video of one of the mama deer who visits us daily. I think she just got done eating my tomatoes. 




Hopefully the videos work. 

I did think of a favorite photo. One of our friends who is living with us for awhile made me this paper weight or really whatever I want it to be. It's from a rock he found in one of our local rivers. He cut it, ground it down a bit and polished it. The photo doesn't show how pretty it is. 


Random or not so random things: 

Friday night I drove an hour SE of us to pick up our granddaughter from the Washougal Motocross park. My oldest daughter, her hubby and our grandson were there to watch the races. Originally we were just going to watch her Saturday, but they got invited by the FCA motocross guy to help at their vendor booth, so they went on Thursday night, camped, two nights and watched races yesterday. Thankfully she slept good, and we had a great but busy day yesterday. She would live outside if she could. Every time I had to come back inside for something I'd hear "ready nonni, go outside?" haha! Needless to say I was tired by the time I went to bed. They got back around 4:30 and stayed for pizza, to shower, and hang out before heading home. It was a really nice time. 

Not much else exciting last week worth really talking about. Oh, there was a crazy moment, the week before last when a fire truck went racing by our work with it's lights going off and then all of a sudden I see what looks like smoke...when it slowly begins to die down, I realize they lost one of their big extinguishers off the back of the truck and it started going off...It was flailing all over and you couldn't see. Thankfully no one was directly behind it and there were no accidents because of temporary no visibility. 

Oh, I did go to our local wildlife refuge last Tuesday on my day off. I walked one trail and then drove the auto tour. I should've went a bit earlier and I didn't really see much as far as wildlife. I saw some Nutria, and a fox. The birds were all very scarce, though I could hear them. 

It was such a nice walk. At first I was nervous to go by myself, but I really enjoyed it.

This little book nook, was sadly pretty empty. I'll have to go back and add some books. I think these little libraries are so neat. If I lived in a more traveled area, I'd put one up.
This plank house has never been open when I've gone. I think they host events here from time to time. It's a full scale replica. 



Mama in the water, babies on  top. 

I spied that little fox. I also saw some turtles, but that was it. I just enjoyed the drive, the scenery and listening to nature and my audio book. 

    

With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Very cool post, Kirstin. BTW, this post would work for WQ, both tiny and well matched are in this post. "there are three sides to every story. Your side, my side and the truth and no one is lying" Actually, I think there can be any number of sides to every story depending on how many are participating. Look at the four Gospels. Same story - 4 sides. I've been reading Judges, Kings, Chronicles, Psalms, Proverbs, Song of Solomon in a Chronological Bible. There are almost always two copies of the same story about each of the kings and judges. Sometimes they are word for word, other times they disagree. Very interesting. Have a great week, and go ahead and link, if you'd like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paperweight is really pretty -- I think I see a tinge of rose.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts