Wednesday Hodgepodge




It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life.


1. July 25th is National Merry-Go-Round Day. Do you call it a merry-go-round or a carousel? I've always called it a merry-go-round but also have referred to it as a carousel as well. When was the last time you rode one? Last year at our county fair, I rode one with my grandson. I love riding them. Did you enjoy that? Metaphorically speaking, what's something in your life right now that feels like a merry go round? At the moment there is a situation that feels like a merry go round but can't really share it here. So if you are a praying person, please pray for restoration, (it's not a marriage thing, but extended family), wisdom, humility, peace. 

2. What word do you have a hard time pronouncing? What word do you have a hard time spelling?I always have a hard time spelling "definitely". There are a few others but that's the main one. I'm a pretty good speller.  What's your favorite word in another language? Capisci in Italian = do you understand. 

3. What's a phrase or cliche you use pretty often and find to be true? Hmm...I can't think of one at the moment...I guess maybe "think outside the box". I don't know about often, but I do use it quite a bit and for a very long time. 

4. When it comes to grocery shopping what is your most dreaded chore-menu planning, the actual shopping and paying, or the unloading/putting away? Probably the unloading/putting away. How often do you shop? I do a big shop right after payday, and then do a smaller one the week in between. Do you use any of the pick up and/or delivery services? Not really. Every now and then I'll use pickup option at my Safeway grocery store and I do get Imperfect Foods box sent to the house every other week. 

5. Something you need or want to do before July comes to a close? I don't really know. Nothing that I can think of, other than maybe finishing a couple books. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Last weekend we had our granddaughter over to spend the night Friday night and stay the day Saturday while her mom, dad and brother were at the motocross races. They camped there Thursday and Friday night. I picked her up Friday afternoon from the track. We had a nice time. She's 2 1/2 and just getting more and more fun. 

Today, Wednesday I will watch the kids here so hopefully I can get a few things done around the house that really need it. 

Other than that, not much else. A little distracted in my thinking. Prayers would be appreciated. Hopefully I'll have more to update on my Weekend Coffee Share post. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Hi,
    First sending prayers!!!
    Second.. I am with you on the unloading and putting away of groceries. :-)
    Have a great rest of the week!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will definitely keep you in my prayers. Enjoyed reading your answers. How nice that you had that time with your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your family's difficult merry-go-round situation. What a treat to have your granddaughter over! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kym. She's fun though would live outside 24/7 and she's very persistent.

      Delete
  4. Praying as I read and type my comment for your request for restoration. May all parties be willing to forgive and move forward in love and humility. It's so fun to enjoy things with grands. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will add your family situation to my prayers as well. Families are complicated. I hope the situation is resolved soon. I'm glad you have time with your grands...always a bright spot in this upside down world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joyce. I appreciate it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts