Tuesday Four.....Friendship


Friendship

".,,there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother" psalms 18


 Let's talk about friendship.


It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea. Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author.We keep Toni Taddeo's original idea alive here with 4 questions each week to get you blogging, visiting and  learning about yourself and other bloggers.   The more people join in, the merrier and the better it gets. We are always looking for topics, subjects and ideas so feel free to chime in if you have ideas. Welcome!

1. Do you have or have you had a special or best friend or do you consider all your friends the same? Man. I'd say in HS I had a few that I would say were "best friends", a few that were friends and have since become very good friends. I feel like I've always just had a lot of friends. Sometimes I wish I had a much closer group but I never put a lot of stock in the term "best friend".

2. Many in the past had close relationships and fell in love through letters.  What do you think of online friendships.. are they real ? Are there friends who last a lifetime? I think online friendships can work..I think sometimes we find connections that are truly meaningful. I have found a few. There are also those that while we may be "friends" online, we may not be a good fit for IRL close friendship. If that makes sense. I can consider someone a friend, but maybe because of our beliefs or lifestyle, or whatever it might be, we may not actually enjoy hanging out together. I have had friends come and go in life and some come and go and come back again...I have also seen examples with my MIL of friendships she's had for so long. She's also, at 78, making new friends. I hope I can have some of those. 

3.  Are there stories, movies or TV programs that you enjoyed because of the friendship or relationship portrayed in it? Anne of Green Gables for sure, even Little House on the Prairie, my girls liked Hannah Montana and I thought her friendship with Lily was funny. The Golden Girls had a fun friendship. I know there were others, I just can't think of them at the moment. Oh, and of course we can't forget Winnie the Pooh and all his friends. 

4. What does friendship mean to you? Friendships have always been so interesting to me. For whatever reason I have never had the friendships that go on girls weekends, regular lunch or dinner dates, shopping, etc. I don't know why. Sometimes I've felt like I'm not one that people think to call, but yet I would say I don't lack friends. I've also over the last 9 years have had friendship end because of us leaving the church, etc. That was hard, I remember thinking "I should've made more friends outside the 4 walls of the church". People I thought I'd walk with forever. There were some years that were very lonely and I'd joke that it was a good thing that I enjoyed my own company. I guess friendship to me is important but shouldn't be solely based on agreement, should be filled with grace, and devoid of expectations. I have some friends that for the life of me, unless I reach out first, there's no communication (which I hate by the way), but when we do get together, it's great. So weird. I do have 4 HS classmates that I stay connected with and though we live in different states, we could get together and I know we'd have a good time. I don't think it's ever too late to make new friends, though I do believe it can be harder when you're older. 

I sound like I'm rambling, so I'll stop there. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

Popular Posts