Taking in Life around Me.....#sundaystills Theme: Seeing double



This #sundaystills challenge is hosted by Terri from Second Wind LeisureIt's a great themed photography challenge that you'll enjoy. I love seeing the other participants interpretation of the theme each week...it causes me to think outside the box. I joined in hopes of it pushing me to get out and take more photos...I have to some degree, but I also like that Terri is okay with us finding photos in our archives, which is also a lot of fun. So check out my photos and then head over to Terri's page to participate or visit other's posts. There are some awesome contributors who always inspire me.

This weeks theme is around the thought of "two's" "doubles"...so many options. While in an antique store awhile back, I was on a hunt to find something with the gum "double mint"...I don't even know if they make that anymore. I didn't find anything. But here are my takes on "twos/doubles"

I spotted these fun door handles on the door of pub in Friday Harbor, Wa. Such a fun idea.

Not twins, but I had two daughters!! They're the best.

While going through pictures, I found this of the Brooklyn Bridge. Those double arches are pretty cool.

Two couples out for a walk in nature. My hubby and I are in the middle.

Two log slabs. I spotted these on our trip to Anderson Island and figured they'd come in handy at some point. 

Not all are identical, but these collections of salt and pepper shakers I found at an antique store were fun to look through. 

These two just might be double trouble! Haha! 
This was a fun one...two pieces of sequoia, joined together with a black epoxy to make our barn door for our bathroom. Made by a friend. 

I found this in my archives from when Marsha, Terri and I went to the Vancouver Farmers Market last year. Double hearts. 
This morning on our walk I took this photo and then later realized that there were two! 

Mugs from a local coffee shop that had an incredible story behind it, made their own syrups, etc..but had to close a few years ago. I love these mugs and remembered this morning that I had two, so did a quick photo. 

A chair for me and a chair for you! Top two are from our B&B in Vermont and the two below are from a farm we visit in Hood River. 


My daughters "22" balloons! Celebrating at Seaside, Oregon.

I couldn't leave out The Silos in Waco when we visited Magnolia! 



With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Seriously, an amazing and wonderful gallery of doubles and twos, Kirstin. I'm not even sure I can comment on each one but I love the pic of your daughter celebrating her 22nd birthday--so joyous! The sets of salt and pepper shakers are cute! Love those spade door handles--such a great idea! Thanks for joining Sunday Stills this week. See you in August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri...I thought I had a few more from the antique store, but I guess not! We have a thing with her that when we are certain places, or whatever, we always take a "jumping" photo. Lol.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kirsten, these are all so imaginative and very well done. Great response to the pairs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne, and thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts